Grid Control availability

Posted by matman on 20-Nov-2014 07:54

On page 97 of the Rollbase documentation, "Chapter 3: Designing a Rollbase Application", section "Page Cells", the documentation talks about "Grid Control". The "Use" column states "A configurable component used in view pages" and the "Where Available" column states "New <object>, edit, view, and status change".

The use column says it's available on the view pages and the where available column says it can be used on edit pages. (Yet not on Quick Create pages.)

The where available column says it's available on view pages, but I cannot find it there, I can only find the related list fields. How could I enable it on the View page?

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 20-Nov-2014 08:28

Hi Matthijs,

I've filed defect PSC00321455 to correct the description in the documentation - Grid control is not available on view pages.

Quick create pages are different from new and edit pages. And based on my test, grid component is not available on this type of page.

Regards,
Godfrey

All Replies

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 20-Nov-2014 08:28

Hi Matthijs,

I've filed defect PSC00321455 to correct the description in the documentation - Grid control is not available on view pages.

Quick create pages are different from new and edit pages. And based on my test, grid component is not available on this type of page.

Regards,
Godfrey

Posted by matman on 20-Nov-2014 08:38

Hi Godfrey, thanks for your reply. I'll use the related list component instead, as it kind of does the same thing. Thanks!

This thread is closed