Is there a possibility to Export

Posted by mysteryminds on 18-Nov-2014 20:08

Hi RB Gurus
I have a question related to export / compare user role permissions of  XUSER | YUSER

Well the reason behind is that, lately I have come across quite some funny issues, but which are quite severe for our prod environment.

So as a quick fix I have to provide complete permission to the whole system to couple of employees in the org.

As with some permissions we weren't able to view some attachment files or records for some users.

I taught the best way is to export or compare the User Roles of the users who are having permission to view with the ones who aren't able to view it.  

So your valuable suggestion is highly appreciated

Posted by Santosh Patel on 26-Nov-2014 08:55

Hi mysteryminds,

If its not too late. Here is a way you could do until the product has a way of doing it.

- Navigate to your User's Permissions sub tab view via Rollbase App > Users tab > XUser > Permissions tab

- Drag and select the text from the Permissions header up until the end of the table

- Paste it in MS Excel or similar tool (you would have around 6 columns

- Do the same for YUser and paste it beside the earlier data

- Get rid of the 1st column from the second paste

And you should be able to compare them at a glance. A little crude but did the job for me.

All Replies

Posted by Gian Torralba on 19-Nov-2014 08:07

Hello,

Can you provide a simple explanation on what you are trying to accomplish with the permission.

Thank you,
Gian

Posted by mysteryminds on 19-Nov-2014 09:51

Hello Gian

I short  I would like to compare permissions of two users.

The reason behind is that in my system I have 2 users who are of same group  but one of the user can view the attachments and the other is not able to view... as it shows the error message stating  "NO permission"

So how would I compare users if we are having 30+objects and 1000s of views

Posted by Gian Torralba on 19-Nov-2014 10:48

Hello,

Unfortunately, there is no existing functionality that will let you export the permission list of a user. You may submit this as an Idea in the Ideas section by going thru this link: https://community.progress.com/.../default.aspx

Regards,
Gian

Posted by Santosh Patel on 26-Nov-2014 08:55

Hi mysteryminds,

If its not too late. Here is a way you could do until the product has a way of doing it.

- Navigate to your User's Permissions sub tab view via Rollbase App > Users tab > XUser > Permissions tab

- Drag and select the text from the Permissions header up until the end of the table

- Paste it in MS Excel or similar tool (you would have around 6 columns

- Do the same for YUser and paste it beside the earlier data

- Get rid of the 1st column from the second paste

And you should be able to compare them at a glance. A little crude but did the job for me.

This thread is closed