Ways to find out the Triggers

Posted by mysteryminds on 14-Nov-2014 13:48

Hi all RB Gurus, 

Is there a way to find out how many times a particular trigger has been used in one or multiple objects.

e.g : If I have a couple of common fields which are  going to check for Name, Place, Animals, Things in different TABS, Views, Pages etc 
I would like to call this trigger, where in trigger I have some validation code which would check for values in the fields.

Please let me know if I'm moving the right direction.
Also is there a way to to call the trigger on a just single field update in a view / page 

All Replies

Posted by pvorobie on 14-Nov-2014 15:44

Trigger belongs to particular Object definition. If you wish to re-use code from that trigger elsewhere, place that code in Hosted File.

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 14-Nov-2014 16:07

You can identify which triggers are running through a debug which you can find in the trigger section of your object definition.

That will open a new popup window and just leave it there.

Now try to create a new record or edit a record, after that go back to the popup window and click the "Refresh" button. You can see all running triggers.

Regards,

Orchid

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 17-Nov-2014 10:29

Hi,

Does the suggestion above works for you? or do you have any follow up questions regarding to this thread?
Thank you.

Regards,
Orchid

Posted by mysteryminds on 17-Nov-2014 13:39

Dear Orchid

Thanks a  lot, but  I need to know quite few things related to that. But unfortunately I was't able to know HOW does that work.  As I've mentioned  I'm still  trying to figure out the best and productive way of learning and implementing the solutions.

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 18-Nov-2014 11:30

Let's check your issue one by one:

* Is there a way to find out how many times a particular trigger has been used in one or multiple objects.

- Not sure if I understand it correctly, this one is the above images that I created. It is how many times this trigger run for only ONE object, if you want to check if the particular trigger was also RUN from another object this is already in manual way checking. If you also need it to be automated checking over multiple objects you can file an Idea for this since there is no functionality yet.

e.g : If I have a couple of common fields which are  going to check for Name, Place, Animals, Things in different TABS, Views, Pages etc 
* I would like to call this trigger, where in trigger I have some validation code which would check for values in the fields.

- see [mention:05b5f00eae4a468d844fa8bedcafd110:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05]'s suggestion

Please let me know if I'm moving the right direction.
* Also is there a way to to call the trigger on a just single field update in a view / page 

- Yes, just specify the trigger timing "After Update".

Regards,

Orchid

This thread is closed