Show calendar for other objects

Posted by smartsysISV on 14-Nov-2014 07:56

Is it possible to connect a calendar to other objects than a user?

I need to show a calendar for object as "MeetingRoom", "Cars" etc.

All Replies

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 14-Nov-2014 08:27

Hi,

I am not sure if this is what you are referring to, go to object definition and edit your object then check either "Event" or "Task" under Object Attributes section. Your object will going to have additional fields that are needed for it to be available in the calendar every time you create new records.

Regards,

Orchid

Posted by smartsysISV on 14-Nov-2014 08:31

Hi,

Yes, I am aware of this, but is it possible to display a calendar view for such an object.

Can I see a calender with all events for this object?

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 14-Nov-2014 09:36

Yes, you can view all events related to the object once you enable "Event" attribute.

When go to the Calendar Tab your object will be automatically listed in the "Show" drop-down menu, upon choosing your object from the list this will show only the events related to it.

Regards,

Orchid

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 05-Dec-2014 12:10

Hi,

Is the solution above does fix the issue? or do you still have questions related to this post?
Thank you.

Regards,
Orchid

Posted by smartsysISV on 07-Dec-2014 19:02

Example:

The main object is"CAR", and I have the following related objects with the Event-attribute:

- Trip

- Service

- Wash

In my own calendar I can filter and show all events.

But i want to show the calendar filtered on one speific "CAR", and then see all the events of trips, Service and Wash which is related to this spesific CAR.

This would show a "calendar for this CAR".

Is there any other method (reports??) where i can show this as a calendar or as a timeline/gant?

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 08-Dec-2014 12:13

I see, Currently Rollbase do not have detailed calendar filtering, only per object with the attribute of Task or Event.

This is a good enhancement to the product and I may find it useful to other users too. We would appreciate if you file this to the idea page.

Regards,

Orchid

This thread is closed