How to link records to LDF groups?

Posted by matman on 14-Nov-2014 07:47

I'm trying to understand LDF permissions a bit more. I was wondering if there's any way I could link a record to a group? I am trying to add orders for a specific group but don't feel like entering LDF data all over again.

Posted by Chandrasekhar Gontla on 14-Nov-2014 08:24

Hi,

As far as I know, it is not possible.

Thanks and Regards,

Chandra.G

All Replies

Posted by Chandrasekhar Gontla on 14-Nov-2014 07:54

Hi,

Please find the below link for the steps to enable LDF Permissions.

documentation.progress.com/.../index.html

-> Create records by providing values for LDF fields in order object.

-> Create a group based on your requirement.

-> Assign this group to user (non-admin).

-> Now, when that user logged into the system, he can see the records which are matched to that Group criteria.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks and Regards,

Chandra.G

Posted by matman on 14-Nov-2014 08:00

Hi [mention:ca8e79ed4d2e46d09db2168345c9714b:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05], thanks for your reply. I have successfully enabled LDF permissions and enabled the organization attribute for my Order object. What I'm trying now is to replace the LDF fields with one Group field. Do you know if this is possible without programming custom code?

Posted by Chandrasekhar Gontla on 14-Nov-2014 08:24

Hi,

As far as I know, it is not possible.

Thanks and Regards,

Chandra.G

Posted by matman on 14-Nov-2014 08:48

Ah okay. For anyone who might benefit from this: I have implemented this the following way:

1. Enable LDF permissions as described above.

2. Create a relationship (in my case 1-1) with the Group object.

3. Create an Object Script trigger that runs on "After Create" and "After Update".

4.  Add this code:

rbv_api.setFieldValue("order41", parseInt("{!id}"), "locationId", parseInt("{!R114930181.locationId}"))
rbv_api.setFieldValue("order41", parseInt("{!id}"), "departmentId", parseInt("{!R114930181.departmentId}"))
rbv_api.setFieldValue("order41", parseInt("{!id}"), "functionId", parseInt("{!R114930181.functionId}"))

Change the fields corresponding to your names, integration codes etc. This code sets the LDF fields to the LDF fields of the group you just selected.

Thanks for your support anyway Chandra!

This thread is closed