sorting event

Posted by otenzio on 14-Nov-2014 06:25

Hi,

I have an object list and in the first column are all action links (view|edit|delete). 

But I need only the "edit" action. I created a script that replace the html behind each row for "action" column with a single action: edit. 

This script is run at "onload" event of the page and it's working.

The problem is that when i sort by a column the actions reappear.

Is there an event or a callback function for sorting, so I call my "replaceLinks" function after sorting?

Thanks!

Hortensia

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 14-Nov-2014 07:59

Currently there is no method to call upon sorting of list view. This can be a good idea for Rollbase future enhancement.

As a workaround for what is:

1. Create a Formula field with return type "String" and create an HTML link for edit page (Edit URL token can be found at the bottom part of the middle drop-down menu)

2. Make this field as a column of the list view.

3. Edit your list view and UNCHECK the Show "Actions" column in this view (to hide the default action).

Save and test.

Regards,

Orchid

All Replies

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 14-Nov-2014 07:59

Currently there is no method to call upon sorting of list view. This can be a good idea for Rollbase future enhancement.

As a workaround for what is:

1. Create a Formula field with return type "String" and create an HTML link for edit page (Edit URL token can be found at the bottom part of the middle drop-down menu)

2. Make this field as a column of the list view.

3. Edit your list view and UNCHECK the Show "Actions" column in this view (to hide the default action).

Save and test.

Regards,

Orchid

This thread is closed