Pricing options

Posted by bheavican on 12-Nov-2014 08:37

In the public cloud version of Rollbase there are pricing limitations on API Calls/Hour and Portal Page Views/Month.  Is this information available in the private cloud as well?  If so, is it just there or is it something we have to build ourselves.

Posted by Ruth on 12-Nov-2014 12:05

Hi heavicon,

I got some answers from the developers. The bandwidth and controlling the number of portal page views per month is only controlled on hosted RB, it is not exposed to private cloud users. Feel free to log a suggestion to add it.

The API limits are controlled by the servicelevels. You create a servicelevel, give it a number, set the values, and assign it to a customer tenant. Although the servicelevel.xml specifies the max API hits daily, the UI reports the max per hour. You can find the hourly limit by going to Setup Home > Applications Setup > REST API (or SOAP API).

Hope this helps!

All Replies

Posted by Gian Torralba on 12-Nov-2014 08:49

Hello,

If you are using a Private Cloud Installation of Rollbase, You can set each tenant's plan options. You can also set these limits in the service.xml file found in your Rollbase folder.

Thank you,
Gian

Posted by bheavican on 12-Nov-2014 09:04

Is this what you are referring too?

<LicenseLevel level="0" name="Solo"

maxUsers="1" maxObjRecords="5000"

maxObjectDefs="1000" maxFieldDefs="10000"

maxPortals="1" maxApplications="10"

maxApiHitsDaily="500"

maxStorageMB="25" maxForeignLangs="0" maxDelayedEvents="500"/>

I don't see Portal page views and bandwidth limits.  Those are two options in the Rollbase Public Cloud offering.  Are those managed elsewhere?

Posted by Gian Torralba on 12-Nov-2014 09:35

Hello,

I can't seem to find the information on how to update these two parameters in the Private Cloud Installation. Unfortunately, It is also not specified in the documentation. Please wait while I confirm this one.

Thank you,

Gian

Posted by Ruth on 12-Nov-2014 10:01

Hi bheavicon,

The information on these two pages describes how to set service levels for a customer tenant:

documentation.progress.com/.../creating-a-new-customer-record.html

documentation.progress.com/output/Rollbase/index.html#page/rb/servicelevel.xml.html

Posted by bheavican on 12-Nov-2014 11:23

Hi Ruth,

Neither portal page views nor bandwidth are documented as options in the servicelevel.xml file.  Does that mean that they are not options or are they just not documented?  I'm asking since they are used as part of the public cloud criteria.

Posted by Ruth on 12-Nov-2014 11:43

Sorry, heavicon. I don't know the answer. Am trying to find out, and once I do, I'll add it to the documentation.

Posted by Ruth on 12-Nov-2014 12:05

Hi heavicon,

I got some answers from the developers. The bandwidth and controlling the number of portal page views per month is only controlled on hosted RB, it is not exposed to private cloud users. Feel free to log a suggestion to add it.

The API limits are controlled by the servicelevels. You create a servicelevel, give it a number, set the values, and assign it to a customer tenant. Although the servicelevel.xml specifies the max API hits daily, the UI reports the max per hour. You can find the hourly limit by going to Setup Home > Applications Setup > REST API (or SOAP API).

Hope this helps!

This thread is closed