Duplicate Seed Records on Update

Posted by awbranch on 11-Nov-2014 16:03

I am updating an app via XML with Attached Seed Records. The original install lets say had 10 seeds, the update has the original 10 plus 15 new. I was expecting to see 15 in the updated app, however I see 25. The original 10 seeds have been re-installed.

How does Rollbase determine if a seed already exists or not. Does it use some sort of "original id" or does it compare on a field by field basis. I did add some fields to the seed records so perhaps it then thinks this is a new record and add it?

All Replies

Posted by pvorobie on 11-Nov-2014 16:20

Installer looks for existing records with original ID from XML. If found, updates existing records, otherwise - create new records.

Posted by awbranch on 11-Nov-2014 16:42

Somehow my original IDs have changed. Could this happen if I had delete the original app and re-installed it from XML on my develpopment tenant? If so any way to resolve this?

Posted by Gian Torralba on 11-Nov-2014 17:14

Hello,

You said that the new update has the original 10 + the 15 new records in it. It just did update the previous 10 records and then added the 15 that's why it's displaying those 25 records. Original IDs are unique across all tenants in a single Rollbase Installation unless the XML you installed is from a different Rollbase Installation.

Thank you,

Gian

Posted by awbranch on 13-Nov-2014 13:02

Somehow all the original ids for the seed records have changed. I ended up writing a script to manually remove them after the update. How could my original ids have changed? Is this a known issue?

Posted by pvorobie on 13-Nov-2014 13:08

This cannot happen if you keep developing your app in the same environment (tenant).

Posted by Gian Torralba on 13-Nov-2014 14:23

Hello,

I will try to test this on the latest version. The original ID shouldn't change just by updating the app on the same environment.

Thank you,
Gian

Posted by Gian Torralba on 08-Dec-2014 09:07

Hello,

I tested this and the original IDs are not changing when you are updating the application in the same environment/tenant. Hope this clears the issue.

Thank you,
Gian

This thread is closed