Cannot login to test Rollbase mobile application

Posted by jsniemi79 on 10-Nov-2014 07:58

I'm having an issue getting past the login in the test browser for a mobile application I am building.  it had been working fine, then one day last week it stopped letting me get in.  Every time I try to login I get the error below.  I just created a new app from scratch and tried the default login, but the same error exists.  I'm running in Chrome and I choose to load unsafe content to get past the https.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

All Replies

Posted by whenshaw on 10-Nov-2014 08:22

Hi,

Is there any additional information in the debug console?

--Wayne

Posted by Anil Kumar on 10-Nov-2014 08:30

This could be something related to CORS issue (assuming you are running from Rollbase Private cloud). Can you please provide some more additional information from Console view or from the network tab.

There are few other similar posts in communities on the same lines which might help you:

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Kumar.

[collapse]
From: jsniemi79 [mailto:bounce-jsniemi79@community.progress.com]
Sent: Monday, November 10, 2014 7:29 PM
To: TU.Rollbase@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - Rollbase] Cannot login to test Rollbase mobile application

Thread created by jsniemi79

I'm having an issue getting past the login in the test browser for a mobile application I am building.  it had been working fine, then one day last week it stopped letting me get in.  Every time I try to login I get the error below.  I just created a new app from scratch and tried the default login, but the same error exists.  I'm running in Chrome and I choose to load unsafe content to get past the https.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by jsniemi79 on 10-Nov-2014 08:44

The first post you listed is from someone that works here with me, so I know that what he tried based on that did not work.  I was able to use the work around, but clicking on the shield and telling it to load unsafe content, but that for some reason stopped working.  Below is what is in the console when I tried logging in.

Posted by whenshaw on 10-Nov-2014 09:23

It looks like you are still getting past the insecure content problem. If you are using Form-based authentication (I assume you are), you should then see a 401 (Unauthorized)  returned when we attempt to access home.html (at that point, the client the would invoke j_spring_security_check to really log in). The fact that you are getting the 403 (Forbidden) back from the server instead of the expected 401 is probably what changed that is causing the login to fail. Did anything change on the server side related to permissions or security in general?

Posted by whenshaw on 10-Nov-2014 15:17

What version of Chrome are you using?

Posted by jsniemi79 on 13-Nov-2014 10:25

Sorry for the delayed response.  it ended up being a CORS issue.  i'm just running an unsecured version of Chrome in order to get around it.

Thanks for your help.

This thread is closed