OAUTH 2.0 Authentication

Posted by neetuagw on 07-Nov-2014 10:34

Hi,

Can we access the data on Google or facebook or any other data source using OAuth 2.0 authentication in Rollbase??

Posted by romain.pennes@foederis.fr on 10-Nov-2014 06:55

Hello,

"My question is , I want to fetch some data from some social media websites or data sources websites like Facebook , google or could be salesforce.These websites need OAUTH 2.0 Authentication to pull data using there APIs.I want to know can I achieve this through Rollbase?."

You can do this with client-side JavaScript by using "script component" in any Rollbase page.

With client-side JavaScript, you can interact with OAuth2 services provided by Facebook, Google etc.

Here is a client-side JavaScript example using Google OAuth 2:

developers.google.com/.../OAuth2UserAgent

As Orchid suggested, you can also use Rollbase triggers to do HTTP calls server-side, and should be able to do everything that you need if you understand how OAuth2 providers (facebook, google...) work.

We have been using (consuming) Google's OAuth2 with Rollbase in order to implement a SSO (to automatically connect to Rollbase when being logged in Google). To do this, we have been using both client-side JavaScript and server-side (HTTP) triggers, so it is certainly achievable.

Remember that Facebook, Google... are OAuth2 providers, and to make use of it, you only need to consume their service by doing redirections (client-side), and HTTP calls (either client-side or server-side).

Regards,

Romain.

All Replies

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 07-Nov-2014 16:14

Rollbase can access outside data, I couldn't be sure if using OAUTH 2 authentication will work, but here are something you need when doing integration from Rollbase to outside sources.

Make use of triggers "Send HTTP GET Request" and "Send HTTP POST Request"

Send HTTP GET Request - This requires Integration link field from your Google or Facebook OAUTH 2 account.

Send HTTP POST Request - This requires a template file for sending your request from Rollbase to outside source, it could be in XML form or URL

Regards,

Orchid

Posted by neetuagw on 10-Nov-2014 03:57

Thanks for your response orchid.

I know Rollbase can connect to social media websites through these triggers.But all I want to know ,"Can Rollbase achieve  OAUTH 2.0 ?"

Posted by Bill Wood on 10-Nov-2014 05:44

I am not sure what you are exactly asking, but if you are asking if Rollbase can act as an OAuth Security Token Service, and can serve OAuth tokens to 3rd party external clients who can then use the token to invoke Rollbase APIs, then the answer is NO.

Posted by neetuagw on 10-Nov-2014 06:22

Hi Bill,

My question is , I want to fetch some data from some social media websites or data sources websites like Facebook , google or could be salesforce.These websites need OAUTH 2.0 Authentication to pull data using there APIs.I want to know can I achieve this through Rollbase?.

Posted by romain.pennes@foederis.fr on 10-Nov-2014 06:55

Hello,

"My question is , I want to fetch some data from some social media websites or data sources websites like Facebook , google or could be salesforce.These websites need OAUTH 2.0 Authentication to pull data using there APIs.I want to know can I achieve this through Rollbase?."

You can do this with client-side JavaScript by using "script component" in any Rollbase page.

With client-side JavaScript, you can interact with OAuth2 services provided by Facebook, Google etc.

Here is a client-side JavaScript example using Google OAuth 2:

developers.google.com/.../OAuth2UserAgent

As Orchid suggested, you can also use Rollbase triggers to do HTTP calls server-side, and should be able to do everything that you need if you understand how OAuth2 providers (facebook, google...) work.

We have been using (consuming) Google's OAuth2 with Rollbase in order to implement a SSO (to automatically connect to Rollbase when being logged in Google). To do this, we have been using both client-side JavaScript and server-side (HTTP) triggers, so it is certainly achievable.

Remember that Facebook, Google... are OAuth2 providers, and to make use of it, you only need to consume their service by doing redirections (client-side), and HTTP calls (either client-side or server-side).

Regards,

Romain.

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 10-Nov-2014 08:26

Thanks [mention:49bce7e20133466db1deaf83f165de44:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05] for the comment, this is very helpful.

[mention:c00efd992b5945b085f0b918bc7ba8fe:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05], this is to validate that OAUTH 2 can be done in Rollbase since other users have already done it to their app.

Regards,

Orchid

This thread is closed