Is there a rest method for determining whether a user has ac

Posted by bheavican on 06-Nov-2014 09:27

Is there a rest method for determining whether a user has access to an app in Rollbase?

All Replies

Posted by Gian Torralba on 06-Nov-2014 09:56

Hello,

I didn't see any specific REST method that actually checks if the user has access to an application. Are you going to send the username to get the information of the user? If so, you can create a selectQuery API that will get the information of the user based on the url sent instead. You can create a list of application the user has access to and then query that field using the selectQuery API.

Hope this helps.

Thank you,
Gian

Posted by bheavican on 06-Nov-2014 10:28

Are you saying that we would have to create a new object to track our applications and relate it to our users?  Or is there already a relationship between users and applications that we can query?

Posted by pvorobie on 06-Nov-2014 10:39

We don't have such API, but I can create it: PSC00319159

Existing API getObjectDefNames can be some help in the mean time.

Posted by Gian Torralba on 06-Nov-2014 10:42

Hello,

What I'm thinking is you need to create a custom field (multi-picklist) on the user object. If you want a scalable list of application you can create a custom object and relate it to user object. However, you might need to create additional rest method to get the required information like getRelationships API to get the user's related records.

Thank you,
Gian

This thread is closed