Link to Edit Custom Page

Posted by awbranch on 04-Nov-2014 16:47

I want to link to a custom edit page. This was asked previously on this forum here:

https://community.progress.com/community_groups/rollbase/f/25/p/6520/25205.aspx#25205

I don't want this to be just for specific users. I tried the approach mentioned of building a link manually to the page. It worked, except, I don't seem to have the pages "original id" so that when I installed the app on a different tenant, the link doesn't work.

How do I get the original ID to a page? I looked in APP XML and it looks like this:

<WebPage id="25446740" origId="25446740" pageDefId="24211851" isBaseVersion="false" isLoginOnly="false" >

So I assumed the origId was 25446740. However when I install the app on a different tenant, this page has a different ID.

Posted by Gian Torralba on 06-Nov-2014 12:58

Hello,

Go to the object definition page > pages section and then click the page name of the page you want to access. The original ID is displayed on the lower part of that page.

Thank you,
Gian

All Replies

Posted by Gian Torralba on 04-Nov-2014 16:56

Hello,

You can use the original ID of the page you want to link to. Original IDs shares a unique ID across all customer tenants of a single Rollbase Installation. If you are installing the application on a different Rollbase installation this will not probably work. Please see page 408 of the Rollbase User Guide.

Thank you,
Gian

Posted by awbranch on 06-Nov-2014 12:50

How do you find the original ID of a page?

Posted by Gian Torralba on 06-Nov-2014 12:58

Hello,

Go to the object definition page > pages section and then click the page name of the page you want to access. The original ID is displayed on the lower part of that page.

Thank you,
Gian

This thread is closed