Problem loading mobile app onto browsers for testing

Posted by Joule on 03-Nov-2014 23:30

I just developed a mobile app using Rollbase and the default MyPhoneApp's 'Rollbase Login Page' design.  When i clicked on 'Test', a new tab appears with a phone frame and multiple screen resolution options at the top.  However, i am unable to see the 'Rollbase Login Page' within that phone frame.  I tried IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari on both Windows PC and Android mobile but all to no avail.  The Login Page does not load at all.  Please help.  Thanks.

All Replies

Posted by Anil Kumar on 04-Nov-2014 00:04

Hi Joule,

Can you please provide some additional information from Console view (or network view) in the browser and please share the snapshot of the emulator. Are you experiencing the same problem for every mobile application?  Can you also please let us know if your screen shows similar to below.

Note: We need to use HTML5 compliant browser for working with Rollbase Mobile (say IE10, Safari 6, etc).

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Kumar.

[collapse]
From: joule [mailto:bounce-joule@community.progress.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2014 11:01 AM
To: TU.Rollbase@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - Rollbase] Problem loading mobile app onto browsers for testing

Thread created by joule

I just developed a mobile app using Rollbase and the default MyPhoneApp's 'Rollbase Login Page' design.  When i clicked on 'Test', a new tab appears with a phone frame and multiple screen resolution options at the top.  However, i am unable to see the 'Rollbase Login Page' within that phone frame.  I tried IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari on both Windows PC and Android mobile but all to no avail.  The Login Page does not load at all.  Please help.  Thanks.

Posted by Joule on 04-Nov-2014 00:27

Thanks for helping.

I used Chrome 38, IE 11, Firefox 31 browsers on a Windows 7 PC.  I developed only one mobile app.

The test demo-purpose app URL is https://mobile.rollbase.com/app/mobile-frame?src=https://mobile.rollbase.com/app/view/108dbc21-99b7-406d-9af6-d63e39d1605c/MyPhoneApp.html&type=mobile&size=320x480

Below is a snapshot from my Chrome 38 tab page.  It shows a circle-shaped icon within a phone frame, and it is continuously turning in a loop.  Below is also observed in all other browsers:

Posted by Anil Kumar on 04-Nov-2014 03:43

Hi Joule,

I launched the mobile emulator with the given emulator URL and it seems the problem is with the object integration name of object ‘crm-lead’. Mobile App Builder is unable to load the service which possess ‘–‘  (hyphen) in integration name. I tried creating a new object (say my-obj) and it generated integration name as ‘my_obj’ (which works fine – Emulator shows proper login page).

By any chance did you manually modify the integration name of object ‘crm-lead’ (from _ to - ) or it is Rollbase auto generated value?

As a workaround can you please edit the integration name of object ‘crm-lead’ in Rollbase to ‘crm_lead’ and perform ‘Sync Metadata’ operation. After this operation the emulator should show proper login page.

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Kumar.

[collapse]
I used Chrome 38, IE 11, Firefox 31 browsers on a Windows 7 PC.  I developed only one mobile app.

The test demo-purpose app URL is https://mobile.rollbase.com/app/mobile-frame?src=https://mobile.rollbase.com/app/view/108dbc21-99b7-406d-9af6-d63e39d1605c/MyPhoneApp.html&type=mobile&size=320x480

Below is a snapshot from my Chrome 38 tab page.  It shows a circle-shaped icon within a phone frame, and it is continuously turning in a loop.  Below is also observed in all other browsers:

Posted by Joule on 04-Nov-2014 21:17

Hi Anil,

I initially manually changed the Integration Name to have "-" (hyphen).  Taking your advise, i changed my Objects 'Account', 'Contact' and 'Lead' to have "crm_xx" format Integration Names.  Plus I did the 'Sync Metadata' operation, but my Chrome browser's MyPhoneApp tab still does not show the 'Rollbase Login Page' cause I am still getting the same looping loading icon.  URL is 'crmdemo.hosting.mobile.rollbase.com/MyPhoneApp.html&.  Appreciate your help on this issue.

Posted by Joule on 04-Nov-2014 21:43
Posted by Anil Kumar on 04-Nov-2014 23:03

Hi Joule,

Did you modify the integration name of crm-lead1 to crm_lead in Rollbase environment and also any other integration names which possess hyphen(-) in the integration name. I looked at the mobile hosting URL () and seems still it has same integration name for crm-lead1

Following is the erroneous code that got generated in service.js file in Mobile App Builder:

RB_COMMLOG_Service_COMMLOG_getAll_crm - lead1_comm = new Appery.JSDOInvoke({

    'service': RB_COMMLOG_Service_COMMLOG_JSDO,
    'methodName': 'getAll_crm-lead1_comm',
    'tableName': 'genericData'
});

Can you please perform following steps:

1)      Rename the integration name of crm-lead1 to crm_lead1

2)      Also, perform same operation for any other objects in the Rollbase environment

3)      Perform Sync Metadata operation against specific mobile application

4)      Re-host the same application using Mobile Hosting operation

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Kumar.

[collapse]