ERROR com.progress.rest.adapters.oe.OERestServletContextList

Posted by mihai_neagoe on 03-Nov-2014 09:36

Hi,

I have deployed a couple of OE services on a tomcat instance. After starting tomcat no service is available and I receive an error 500 when accessing url http://host:port/<ServiceName>/rest with

java.lang.NullPointerException
	com.progress.rest.adapters.oe.OERestAdapterFilter.doFilter(OERestAdapterFilter.java:61)

I checked the log of the service and there is an error entry:
  [localhost-startStop-1] ERROR com.progress.rest.adapters.oe.OERestServletContextListener initialSetUp  - Initial Set-up problem::C:\Progress\Rollbase\apache-tomcat-7.0.42\bin\webapps\<ServiceName>\WEB-INF\adapters\runtime.props (The system cannot find the path specified)

This looks like a config issue as /bin directory should not appear in the path. Any idea where to check where this path is generated from?
Thank you,

All Replies

Posted by Gian Torralba on 03-Nov-2014 09:53

Hello,

Can you provide more information on how you installed your Rollbase Private Cloud? What is the operating system that you are using?

Thank you,
Gian

Posted by mihai_neagoe on 03-Nov-2014 10:29

Hi Gian,

I use a manual installation of Rollbase 3.0 (upgraded from 2.2) - the database is a Progress db created using the .st file from RB 3.0

- I use an existing tomcat instance (in this case at C:\Progress\Rollbase\apache-tomcat-7.0.42) and the war files (both of rollbase and of the application are in C:\Progress\Rollbase\apache-tomcat-7.0.42\webapps)

- The structure of the Rollbase setup is the one from 2.2 (not with PAS instance)

- OS is Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise

Please let me know what information I can add.

Thank you,

Mihai

Posted by Gian Torralba on 03-Nov-2014 10:39

Hello,

Thanks for the information you provided. I believe this has something to do with the upgrade messing up with the path structure of version 3.0. Let me replicate this and get back to you.

Thanks,
Gian

Posted by mihai_neagoe on 03-Nov-2014 10:47

The strange thing is that worked ok and I don't find a reason why it now stopped working. There was a server restart in the weekend that probably messed up some runtime configuration and it would be helpful to have a starting point.

Thank you,

Mihai

Posted by Gian Torralba on 03-Nov-2014 10:54

Hello,

I see. So it worked previously? I thought that it is not working from the start. Did you try restarting the server again? This information is useful for debugging the issue.

Thank you,
Gian

Posted by mihai_neagoe on 04-Nov-2014 04:53

Hi Gian,

I use the start from a cmd line for tomcat and instead of navigating to bin directory I started tomcat using bin\startup. This seems to solve the problem (no idea why it happened and why this is a workaround) .

Thank you,

Mihai

Posted by knavneet on 04-Nov-2014 07:11

Hi Mihai,

If you add following line to webapps\<ServiceName>\WEB-INF\classes\log4j.properties:

===

log4j.logger.com.progress.rest.adapters.oe=DEBUG, <service-name>

===

you will get some details in WEB-INF\logs\<serviceName>.log that might give some clue.

Also, you might want to verify if the  catalina.base system property is properly set.

HTH,

Navneet

This thread is closed