Search on non OE Service Object in Rollbase Mobile

Posted by jsniemi79 on 28-Oct-2014 12:48

I am trying to add a search to find records on a particular object from within Rollbase mobile. I thought I should use the Read JSDO service for my object, but in looking at the help, the filter object only applies to OE Service objects.  Can someone point me in the direction of what I need to setup to be able to run a query on a non OE service object?

Thanks!

All Replies

Posted by Anil Kumar on 28-Oct-2014 13:36

We can achieve Search functionality in Rollbase Mobile against set of records at the client side i.e., in Mobile UI whose data got retrieved from the Rollbase environment. However, there are few limitations with the current version of Rollbase Mobile where we cannot perform search criteria against specific field in Rollbase. i.e., ‘Search by Customer Name’ or ‘Search by Customer Number’ (considering the Customer Order example) at the server side.

Attached document explaining the mobile app example with search.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Kumar.

[collapse]
From: jsniemi79 [mailto:bounce-jsniemi79@community.progress.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2014 11:20 PM
To: TU.Rollbase@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - Rollbase] Search on non OE Service Object in Rollbase Mobile

Thread created by jsniemi79

I am trying to add a search to find records on a particular object from within Rollbase mobile. I thought I should use the Read JSDO service for my object, but in looking at the help, the filter object only applies to OE Service objects.  Can someone point me in the direction of what I need to setup to be able to run a query on a non OE service object?

Thanks!

Posted by jsniemi79 on 28-Oct-2014 14:09

That does help.  I was trying to do the search on a collapsible set instead of a list.  Is that possible as well or am I limited to the list?  Also, when I limit the number of returned records to 10, how do I get the next set of 10?

Posted by Anil Kumar on 28-Oct-2014 15:51

I don’t think the data filter criteria can be applied against Collapsible control. Mobile App Builder currently do not provide the property.

Regarding the limiting number of records to a page, yes we can implement that using the data pagination through JSDO and local storage. Please go through following link (which explains more from OE-Mobile perspective):

                https://community.progress.com/community_groups/rollbase/f/17/t/8955.aspx

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Kumar.