Rest Api - getPage

Posted by matman on 28-Oct-2014 10:36

The Rollbase Rest Api documentation of getPage talks about a recursive output of object records in a view. Don't views only show records of one object? How could I achieve a view with records of multiple objects?

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 29-Oct-2014 09:43

It is possible. The "fieldList" parameter is also applied to the related records. :)

All Replies

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 28-Oct-2014 12:20

Hi Matthijs,

I'm afraid this is not possible using a single getPage request because there is no viewId which displays records from all objects.

You can use multiple getPage requests to display the different views. This will consume a lot of processing and time to complete the request, though.

Regards,
Godfrey

Posted by matman on 29-Oct-2014 03:52

Hey Godfrey thanks for your reply,

I was able to work around the problem. Due to some erroneous coding I sent a bad API call, which caused me to receive data different from what I expected. I corrected the code and set the "composite" parameter (for retrieving related records recursively) for the getPage call to 1. Now I was able obtain the related objects.

I don't think it would in any way be possible to set "fieldList" for the related records, is it?

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 29-Oct-2014 09:43

It is possible. The "fieldList" parameter is also applied to the related records. :)

Posted by matman on 29-Oct-2014 09:45

Ah, cool! Thanks! :)

This thread is closed