Error message logging in to Rollbase mobile on private cloud

Posted by jsniemi79 on 28-Oct-2014 10:03

I am working on building a mobile app for a private cloud instance of Rollbase.  When I try to use the default login service that comes with a new app, I am getting a "HTTP status 0:Failed to log in" error message.  Any help would be appreciated.

All Replies

Posted by Anil Kumar on 28-Oct-2014 10:16

Hi,

Is this something related to CORS problem? There are few similar posts in communities which might help you.

https://community.progress.com/community_groups/rollbase/f/25/p/13862/49648.aspx?Redirected=true#49648
https://community.progress.com/community_groups/mobile/f/17/t/13569.aspx

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Kumar.

[collapse]
From: jsniemi79 [mailto:bounce-jsniemi79@community.progress.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2014 8:35 PM
To: TU.Rollbase@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - Rollbase] Error message logging in to Rollbase mobile on private cloud

Thread created by jsniemi79

I am working on building a mobile app for a private cloud instance of Rollbase.  When I try to use the default login service that comes with a new app, I am getting a "HTTP status 0:Failed to log in" error message.  Any help would be appreciated.

Posted by egarcia on 28-Oct-2014 10:16

Hello,

I am guessing that you are seeing this when testing from Google Chrome.

It looks like you might be running into an issue where access to HTTP content is blocked from a page using HTTPS.

Here are a couple of threads that mention about this issue:

community.progress.com/.../13569.aspx

community.progress.com/.../49648.aspx

The workaround is to allow the web browser to access the HTTP content by using the shield icon in the URL.

A solution for this issue would be to run your Rollbase private cloud instance using HTTPS.

I hope this helps.

Posted by jsniemi79 on 28-Oct-2014 10:29

Thank you, that did it for me.

This thread is closed