Should the grouping function in views return all the records

Posted by jsniemi79 on 27-Oct-2014 15:20

I tried to use the gorup function inside a view to get like records to display together.  When I go through the returned list, not all of the records are showing up in the same place.  In this example, I am grouping by a field called Applies to branch.

When I look at the results on the view, it doesn't appear to be grouping them correctly as there are multiple groups with the same value.

It seems pretty straight forward.  Do I have something setup incorrectly?

All Replies

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 27-Oct-2014 15:52

Hi Jason,

Can you please check the IDs of branch 0255? I'm suspecting these branches are 2 different records with the same record name (e.g. 0255, 0202).

Thanks,
Godfrey

Posted by pvorobie on 27-Oct-2014 15:53

What is type of "Applies to branch" field?

Posted by jsniemi79 on 27-Oct-2014 16:38

It is a picklist field.

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 27-Oct-2014 16:47

Do you have duplicate values in your picklist?

Posted by jsniemi79 on 27-Oct-2014 16:49

no

Posted by Gian Torralba on 27-Oct-2014 18:02

Hello,

I cannot replicate the issue in 3.0.2. May I know what version you're using? Can you try creating a view with only the grouping function enabled? remove the sorting and other filters etc. You cannot add duplicate values in a pick list field either.

Thank you,

Gian

Posted by jsniemi79 on 27-Oct-2014 18:50

That didn't seem to help it.  Now I am getting a single record inside each group.  I should have thousands under each group.

This is on version 3.0.2.0

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 28-Oct-2014 10:44

Is this an OE service object? Also, please create a formula on quicklist object with the below formula body:

"{!yourPicklistField#id} => {!yourPicklistField#code} => {!yourPicklistField#value}"

Then, include it in the original view which you posted earlier.

The formula will display the system IDs of the picklist fields.

Posted by jsniemi79 on 28-Oct-2014 12:37

No, it is not an OE object.  I added the formula per your request.  The values appear to be the same if you look at the botton on value 0209 and 0202.

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 28-Oct-2014 14:44

Have you tried unloading the zone?

Note: Unloading a customer tenant from the production cache will log out all users currently logged into that tenant, including any API sessions.

Also, can you provide me the query log for this tenant? I will be using it to compare the results from my private instance. You can filter the results of this log from the master zone via System Console -> System -> Debug. Simply provide the object definition ID of quicklist object.

Posted by Robert McDonald on 29-Oct-2014 16:21

Is it possible that there are errant spaces (either before, after or within) in some of the values that are being grouped?

Robert McDonald
Principal Product Manager

PROGRESS SOFTWARE
14 Oak Park Drive, Bedford, MA 01730  USA

PHONE: 781.280.4904
MOBILE: 774.922.2758
TWITTER: @RobOnProducts

www.progress.com