Create Option Not Available to Choose in New Mobile App Page

Posted by ithrees on 23-Oct-2014 02:36

Hi,

As I am creating a new mobile application, In the 'New Mobile App' page I don't see a section 'Create Option' to choose between 'From the Scratch' or 'Based on Existing Web App' options. Please let me know is there any setting to enable this?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Ithrees. 

All Replies

Posted by egarcia on 23-Oct-2014 06:51

Hello,

I just tried this from Rollbase public cloud using Safari 7.1 and I can see the Template and the Create Option sections.

If was able to see the HTML code for this section (with references to fromScratch) using the view page source option in the web browser. ( "<!--  Begin Mobile Create Options -->" )

Are you using Rollbase private cloud? What web browser are you using?

I wonder if this is an issue generating the HTML.

I hope this helps.

Posted by ithrees on 24-Oct-2014 00:09

Hi,

Its private cloud and I tried in both chrome and firefox but both are same.

as this,

Posted by egarcia on 24-Oct-2014 06:48

Hello,

I am guessing that somehow the page failed to load. Perhaps, the are messages related to the issue in the JavaScript Console (Web Inspector).

Notice that a template is not selected by default. In my screenshot it is selected.

(In Rollbase 2.2, an option was not selected by default and you created a mobile app for an existing app. However, since you are using the Mobile support with private cloud, it means that you must be using Rollbase 3.0 or above.)

To speed up the resolution of this issue, I would suggest to contact Technical Support so that they can assist you in troubleshooting/debugging the issue.

Thanks.

Posted by ithrees on 26-Oct-2014 23:10

Thank you egarcia,

Yes, I am using 3.0.2 and also no issue the Console.

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 27-Oct-2014 12:11

Hi ithrees,

Is this happening to all your client instance?

Regards,
Orchid

Posted by ithrees on 28-Oct-2014 04:08

Hi Orchid,

Yes, It is.

I tried with different clients as well and its same.

Regards,

Ithrees.

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 28-Oct-2014 11:34

Hi ithrees,

Questions:

1) Are you using tomcat server (port: 8080) or the new PAS server (port: 8830)?

2) The RB Private instance was an upgraded version or it is standalone fresh RB 3.0.2 installation?

3) Can you verify if the "fromScratch" and "fromWebApp" elements are existing in the HTML codes.

View the page source of that page and search for those two elements.

Regards,

Orchid

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 28-Oct-2014 17:32

I tested this into private cloud 3.0.2 and 3.0.5 and it seems to be working fine, i can see the Create Option.
Does this happens right after 3.0.2 installation or this was working before and suddenly the option was missing?

Regards,
Orchid

Posted by ithrees on 29-Oct-2014 00:16

I upgraded the private cloud from 2.0.2 to 3.0.2 (which has mobile app development).  I don't remember seeing this option soon after the update, but now its not there.

Regards,

Ithrees

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 29-Oct-2014 09:25

Let me replicate it first with this kind of setup, what I did was a fresh install of 3.0.2 which is working fine.

Regards,
Orchid

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 29-Oct-2014 13:49

Hi ithrees,

I just tested this with private cloud 2.2.2.0 upgraded to 3.0.2 and I can see the Create option.
Now...
Can you verify if the "fromScratch" and "fromWebApp" elements are existing in the HTML codes.
View the page source of that page and search in the source for those two elements.

Regards,
Orchid

Posted by ithrees on 30-Oct-2014 03:12

Hi Orchid,

I checked there in the page source no element found with those name/id. In the inspect element also its blank as in the image,

Regards,
Ithrees

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 30-Oct-2014 09:05

Can you send me a copy of your pacificMobileCreate.jsp?

This is located in the "Pas_Instance\webapps\prod1\setup" let me check if it is the same with mine.

Thanks,

Orchid

Posted by ithrees on 13-Nov-2014 01:27

Hi Orchid,

Please find the attached file 'pacificMobileCreate.jsp' as you requested.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Ithrees

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 13-Nov-2014 15:57

Tried comparing it and it was identical to mine. Try viewing the Page Source and search for elements "fromScratch" and "fromWebApp" just to verify if those was rendered properly in your app.

Regards,

Orchid

Posted by ithrees on 13-Nov-2014 22:49

Hi Orchid,

I have figured out something on this. Its the URL.

As I have disabled the pacific header I am getting the below dialog when click on 'New Application' Button.

When I choose 'A New Mobile Application' and press 'Create' button it open the page with  "......./master/setup/pacificMobileEdit.jsp?appId=-1" URL where it says 'pacificMobileEdit.jsp' is the page opened. Hope this would be a bug to be fixed or do you think I have to adjust my setting to correct this one?

When I replace the 'pacificMobileEdit.jsp' with pacificMobileCreate.jsp in the address bar it loads the page with Create Option available.

Ithrees.

Posted by Santosh Patel on 13-Nov-2014 23:24

Tracking via PSC00320391. Indeed the URL should be pacificMobileCreate.jsp.

In the meanwhile may I suggest editing common.js at tomcat\webapps\master\js location in both master and prod wars to get going...

tomcat\webapps\master\js\common.js

tomcat\webapps\prod\js\common.js

Look for the line with "else if(appType=="MOBILE")" and replace

"../setup/pacificMobileEdit.jsp?appId=-1"

with

"../setup/pacificMobileCreate.jsp"

Sorry for the trouble.

Regards,

Santosh

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 14-Nov-2014 09:05

Thanks Santosh for filing a defect.

Ithrees:
For the meantime, kindly follow Santosh's instruction to fix the link.
Will keep you posted for the updates of this issue.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Orchid

This thread is closed