How to show Waring message if few fields have no data

Posted by Sudhakar on 22-Oct-2014 06:17

Hi all,
if we did not fill data in the red colored fields,then we need to show Waring message to the user  saying that "The fields in red color are required,are you you want to continue ?".if the user check the Waring message check box then they can able to save the data.and this functionality should run only for one status page. if i use validate data trigger it is showing before save and and after save also,this is not exactly what we are looking.
Can any one help me how can i show Waring message with  check box

All Replies

Posted by gchilama on 22-Oct-2014 06:31

Hi Sudhakar,

So if my understanding is correct, you are saying that user should also be able to save the data without entering the required fields ( marked in red color)?

Posted by Sudhakar on 22-Oct-2014 06:45

yes,your correct. if the user did not enter any data in any one of the red colur fields then we need to show Waring message.then the user will know he is missing some important data fields, even through if he want to save the records then he can skip the Waring message and save the records with out any other message.

Posted by gchilama on 22-Oct-2014 06:56

You could mark the fieds as "Not Required" i.e. uncheck the  "Always require a value in this field in order to save a record".

Now you could write some custom javascript by adding the script component while designing the page.

Posted by Sudhakar on 22-Oct-2014 06:59

could you pls give little more details for Javascript on page design

Posted by Sudhakar on 22-Oct-2014 07:02

i have unchecked required field property in page design and showed them in red color by adding CSS style.but i am not aware how to show Waring message if those fields do not have any data,could you please guide me on that  

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 22-Oct-2014 09:12

You can use field validation, from there you can add your conditions when to show the error message.

Regards,
Orchid

Posted by Sudhakar on 22-Oct-2014 11:38

if we use field validation then will it possible  to show only single Waring message saying that the list of fields which are no data.

This thread is closed