PDF export record limit

Posted by bakar on 20-Oct-2014 14:43

I want to print the records on PDF (tabular report). It looks like that i only can download the first 1000 records. I have changed all the appropriate parameters in shared.properties. Im using a private cloud environment with version 3.0.5. Any idea?

All Replies

Posted by Gian Torralba on 20-Oct-2014 14:49

Hello,

What do you mean you want to print the data in a PDF? That is different to the export list view limit of 1000. If you want to generate all records in a PDF you can use a LOOP token to loop thru all records of an object and output it as a PDF file. You can create one in the object definition page -> reports section.

Thank you,
Gian

Posted by bakar on 20-Oct-2014 15:22

Hi Gian,

Im using the PDF button on the page (default rollbase icon on the upper right corner of the page). For a tabular view you can only print the first 1000 records...

Posted by Gian Torralba on 20-Oct-2014 15:46

Hello,

You did try changing the export limit in the shared properties right? I think that's for the list view export only. Let me research this since the Rollbase User Guide gives no clue on what the limit is. Did you also try resetting Apache after editing this changes?

Thank you,

Gian

Posted by bakar on 20-Oct-2014 15:52

Yep Gian, i have restart the services, still the same issue.

Posted by Manooj Murali on 21-Oct-2014 03:03

OK. So for a tabular report, the PDF always picks 1000. This is hardcoded (not configurable) in the code. So, probably as Gian suggested, creating a HTML Template report and rendering it as a PDF is the option you might want to look at.

This thread is closed