Getting web page not found error message

Posted by jsniemi79 on 09-Oct-2014 18:51

We have a default home page that contains a group with a single link to a web page, a group that has the default to-do object and the calendar.  On occasion, we are seeing an error stating the web page could not be found.  Clicking on any other object appears to make the error go away.

Any ideas?

All Replies

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 10-Oct-2014 08:53

Hi Jason,

Are there any script components added to the Home page, if there is what does it do?

Thanks,
Orchid

Posted by jsniemi79 on 10-Oct-2014 08:56

There is a script component.  It is creating a link to their intranet.

Here is the code in that compoenent:

'"http://srsweb" target="_blank">SRS Intranet';

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 10-Oct-2014 09:11

In the browser console can you check the Network tab if there are any errors or page that does not load.
Something may not be accessible during the process.

Posted by jsniemi79 on 10-Oct-2014 09:34

Nothing of value in there.

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 10-Oct-2014 11:09

Can you keep the console open then begin the transaction, I noticed if the console was closed and then you open it after the transaction the network did not get any logs.

Regards,
Orchid

Posted by jsniemi79 on 10-Oct-2014 13:57

There is a 404 error listed in there.  I'm not a web programmer, so I'm not sure if this is what you were looking for or not.

Posted by pvorobie on 10-Oct-2014 13:59

Please check that URL you're using contains ID of valid page for your Customer.

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 10-Oct-2014 14:10

Hi Jason,

Can I get your email, I will invite you to have lync session and show me the actual steps when you get the error.

Regards,
Orchid

Posted by jsniemi79 on 10-Oct-2014 14:15

It is actually a customer of mine, but she said you can email her at swells@srsicorp.com to walk through what she is seeing.  Thanks for your help.

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 10-Oct-2014 14:23

Invite sent, will just wait for her so I can see the actual error, it would help me too in debugging the issue.

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 10-Oct-2014 14:45

Done having webex session. There was an issue on landing page after logged in, I just changed the URL that the user was using.
The issue has been fixed.

Regards,
Orchid

This thread is closed