Original id of a datamap is -1

Posted by Aede Hoekstra on 08-Oct-2014 06:42

Hi,

We have a problem updating a Rollbase application. The original id's of the datamaps are all -1, so when updating the application they are not updated. (no clue how that ever happened) Does someone have an idea how to change the original id's or is familiar with another workaround. 

Thanks in advance!

All Replies

Posted by pvorobie on 08-Oct-2014 11:06

Can you please show fragment of your application XML with original ID -1 ?

Posted by Manooj Murali on 08-Oct-2014 11:31

My two cents :

This is from a test conversion map I created in my private cloud :

<ConversionMap id="-1" origId="-1" mapName="Map" destDefId="2" srcDefId="32000" deleteSrc="false">

<MapNodes>

<MapNode dest="cloudType" src="#DEFAULT" />

I took a look at the code and it seems we always create the conversion map with origId set to -1.

Also, I am not sure how this would break the update so can you please outline the steps performed?

-Thanks

Posted by pvorobie on 08-Oct-2014 11:39

This looks like a bug. Is this map shown in the list of maps on Object View page?

I suspect that this map is not persistent and will disappear after cache refresh, typically in 24 hours.

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 08-Oct-2014 11:41

RB provides a system generated original ID during the creation of a data. However, it sets the original ID to -1 whenever the data map is updated.

When updating an application, it creates new data maps instead of updating them.

Posted by Manooj Murali on 08-Oct-2014 11:43

Pavel - I dont think that is the case, these entries are available in the db (rb_data_map) and its just that the xml string has values set to -1 but other columns in the table have appropriate values set. But, surely I think these should be in sync.

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 08-Oct-2014 11:44

Yes, the map is shown on the list of maps on Object View page.

Posted by pvorobie on 08-Oct-2014 11:44

Please file a bug and assign to me

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 08-Oct-2014 12:02

Defect PSC00315942 has been filed for this bug.

Posted by Aede Hoekstra on 17-Oct-2014 04:41

What we used as a workaround for this problem is by unloading and loading the app again. This wil set all original id's to its original value. After this action you can export the app without the -1 id's. Although it also seems a bug to me.

Thanks for your support!

This thread is closed