Filter 3rd level relationship record in view

Posted by ithrees on 24-Sep-2014 13:26

Hi All,

I have 3 level relationship between 3 objects. For example Customer-- > Orders --> Orderlines. In this I need have a view for a particular Customer to display only his orders and it's order lines. For instance in a portal if a customer logged in he should have view of all his orders, if he click on a order then he should be able to view the list of order lines of selected items. In my case it listing all the order lines in the view without filtering.

Please help me to create the filter view to have only selected order's order lines?  

All Replies

Posted by Gian Torralba on 24-Sep-2014 13:32

Hello,

Is the page you are using an Order view page? It should work fine since it will only show all related Order Lines for a specific Order.

Thank you,
Gian

Posted by ithrees on 24-Sep-2014 13:46

Yes. Its a order view page and its displaying all the orderlines of all orders as i dont have a specifically defined view. Problem in creating this view is adding the filter condition. One condition can be added ad customer should be the current visitor but couldnt add the next condition as the order should be the selected order to filter.

Posted by Gian Torralba on 24-Sep-2014 14:08

Hello,

The list view doesn't need to have a filter if you are viewing it inside a record since it will supposedly show all related records only for that record. I just tested this and no matter what relation hierarchy you have, it will only show the related records for a specific record you are currently viewing.

Thank you,
Gian

Posted by ithrees on 24-Sep-2014 23:17

I got it, I missed a step and corrected it.

Thank you Gian.

This thread is closed