Verify email submit

Posted by matman on 19-Sep-2014 05:28

Before going to the next workflow status, I need to be able to verify all actions have been executed. So is there any standard way of verifying that an email has been sent or someone at least pressed the "Send" button?

All Replies

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 19-Sep-2014 08:32

Hi matman,

To see if the email has been sent is through looking at the Communication Logs of the record.

You have to enable the "Contact and Audit Trail" properties of the object to show communication logs, by doing this you can see email trails.

Hope this may help.

Regards,

Orchid

Posted by matman on 19-Sep-2014 10:26

Worked, thanks! Although in this case the relationship to the Comm. log would have sufficed.

Posted by matman on 22-Sep-2014 06:54

This method doesn't seem to be very reliable. I tested this using bad data, the server logged it this way:

The mail was logged as 'Sent', it obviously won't ever reach it's destination because the 'sent to' mail address is empty. Does the server even process a return false and offer it's results to the sender? Also, I bypassed the required field, which I think counts as a defect?

Is there any way I could access to the email queue and possibly the verified sent emails list?

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 22-Sep-2014 12:13

Hi matman,

Are you using a non existing email in your test scenario, or did not totally specify an email address as it was only "send to <blank>"?

Also what steps did you do to send the email, from trigger, workflow action or from Communication Log "Send an Email"?

Thanks,

Orchid

Posted by matman on 23-Sep-2014 02:49

I set the value attribute of the "To: " email field to "  " (&nbsp &nbsp). I sent the email from workflow action

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 24-Sep-2014 10:39

Hi matman,

Sorry I could not replicate the issue, when I specify "&nbsp &nbsp" to "To:" Yes I has Success! popup notification but in the audit trail I get "Error sending email message" and I don't see a record of it in the Communication Log.

Regards,
Orchid

Posted by matman on 25-Sep-2014 02:26

Hey Orchid Corpin, I forgot to mention that you need to put a semicolon after the &nbsp. So it's like: & n b s p ;

These two are just two whitespaces you can also enter using the space your keyboard.

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 25-Sep-2014 17:25

Hi matman,

Tested again and could not create a communication log record.
I tested having spaces to "To:" and it returns an error "Error: Please provide at least one recipient for this email" and cannot proceed in sending the email.
Having &nbsp; &nbsp; (also tried random characters) will have success popup BUT results an audit trail error "Invalid Addresses;" same as before.

Thanks,
Orchid

Posted by matman on 26-Sep-2014 03:54

Hey Orchid, thanks for your reply and support! I once forgot to mention something.. You should set the &nbsp; &nbsp; as a value of the input field by editing the source code:

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 26-Sep-2014 10:10

I tried having inspect element and change the value there but still cannot send the email, I tested this both private cloud and hosted cloud version 3.0.4.0. 

I am not sure if user really do this by changing the To value via code since Send Email do not have "Design this Page" option.

If possible can you give me a copy of XML file so I can investigate it?

Regards,

Orchid

Posted by matman on 29-Sep-2014 05:00

Oh, that's odd, have you made sure to press <enter> after entering the '&nbsp;&nbsp;' ?

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 29-Sep-2014 13:50

Hi matman,

Yes, I did hit enter and do changed the value. Noticed something that you are using firefox and I did tested it, so in firefox when I hit enter the value has two spaces, I click send and it shows Success popup (in chrome it cannot let you send) but still it does not have Communication log entry and in the audit trail I have this error - which is working fine.

Hope this may help.

Regards,

Orchid

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 29-Sep-2014 13:54

I'll go test your XML and will let you know if this can reproduce the issue.

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 29-Sep-2014 17:26

I tested this using your xml but still could not replicate the issue, I am still getting the same error in the Audit trail, I used Firefox on this.

Thanks,

Orchid

Posted by matman on 30-Sep-2014 07:42

I noticed it doesn't work when you just enter two spaces. Except from the last image, did you get the same results as I did (posted below)?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 30-Sep-2014 10:00

Yes, I did the same, I typed in "  " in the value area via inspect element after I hit enter it becomes 2 spaces then click send. I did have Success notification but in the Audit trail I get an error that "To:" is blank as my screen above, also it sent a message to my admin Email, same error email body on the audit trail.

May I know what firefox version are you using?

This thread is closed