Email not sent bug

Posted by matman on 19-Sep-2014 05:17

I just created  a workflow action that sends an email and linked it to the mail template. The template has body: "test". After testing it, nothing seemed to happen. So I imagined it'd be because of the body length (spam / abuse filter). But I noticed that when I add line breaks to it ( \r\n , <br /> ), everything works correctly. Because of this, this does not come through:

What if I would have this really long sentence? You know? Like.. what if I just add a thousand characters to one line and see whether this email will actually be sent. Let's just try this sentence, it should be enough.

Yet this does:

Pretty woman,

Walking down the street.

All Replies

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 19-Sep-2014 08:58

Hi matman,

I created same thing, have an email template and send this through trigger with just "test" in the body and the other is "What if I would..." both has no line breaks and all email was sent successfully.

I am not sure if I missed out something from your steps or can you give me more info so I can replicate it. Thank you.

Regards,

Orchid

Posted by matman on 19-Sep-2014 09:07

I just found out why I didn't receive them (they are logged in my Comm log.). Apparently the one-line emails are automatically blocked by my email client.... Such a waste of topic space. Thanks Orchid!

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 19-Sep-2014 09:10

Sure, feel free to post.

Regards,

Orchid

This thread is closed