Core object removal synchronization (bug?)

Posted by matman on 15-Sep-2014 07:27

EDIT: Before reading, read this. This was a misunderstanding from my side. The removed object now lives outside of the application. So.. the problems talked about below are explainable. It's still strange that I get a succes for a removal that didn't happen though.

I just removed a core object from my application called Product. However, remains of this object are still to be found in my application, view the picture below to see what I mean.

As you can see, the object is nowhere to be found in the Objects list. However, the tabs and dependant objects are still there (workflow). When I press 'Remove' at the Product[product65] workflow object, it returns me:

But... the object I just removed is still to be found in the list; it hasn't been removed. As a matter of fact: even though I cannot see 'Product' in the Core Objects list, I can still find the object's page:

Is this a cache problem? Will the application be fully synchronized later?

All Replies

Posted by pvorobie on 15-Sep-2014 09:43

"the object I just removed is still to be found in the list; it hasn't been removed." - please clarify which list do you mean. What Object is removed from "Core Objects" list - it is no longer there. Object will still be in "Dependent Objects" list if you have an Object tab.

Posted by matman on 15-Sep-2014 10:41

I meant the 'Tabs' and 'Dependent Objects' list. What I said there was a misunderstanding. The object is actually still living, but outside of my application. For a second I thought that wasn't possible.

The only weird thing I'd like to talk about now is that when I remove the dependent Workflow object, it gives me a 'Sucess!' message, yet it failed.

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 15-Sep-2014 11:09

I was able to reproduce the issue by attaching a tab to my application. If the tab has a related object, then it is automatically included on the list of dependent objects.

When I clicked the 'Remove' link from the Dependent Objects section, I get a success message but the object was not removed because the tab is still attached to the application. On the other hand, when I clicked the 'Remove' link from the Tabs section, both the tab and dependent object is removed from the application. In your example, removing the 'Producten' tab should detach Product object to your application.

I think Rollbase should display an error message instead of a success message to avoid confusion.

Posted by pvorobie on 15-Sep-2014 11:25

"Remove" links in "Dependent Objects" section do not make sense since list of Dependent objects is calculated based on Tabs and Relationships. We should delete this link.PSC00313871

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 17-Sep-2014 09:59

This bug will be addressed in 4.0.0.0 release. On this release, the "Remove" link on Dependent Objects section will no longer be displayed and users will be able to detach it by clicking the "Remove" link on Tabs section.

This thread is closed