Relationships bug #2

Posted by matman on 12-Sep-2014 04:46

I was exporting my first application when I noticed an error:

Okay, apparently the communication log was still implemented in object 'Medewerker' (Employee). No biggie, I'll just change and delete some thing. Perhaps the Comm. Log. object doesn't exist anymore?

Seems it does exist. So when I headed over to the relationships section I noticed the following:

It is not possible to delete the relationship. ( Love really does exist! ) Anyway, I then decided to view the 'View Medewerker' page. Which looks like this:

After trying something it now looks like this:

I think I could fix it by deleting the Communcation Log object. I believe that relationship got added to the Medewerker object after accidentally setting an object attribute. I decided I didn't like that, so I removed it. But I'm not sure that's the cause.

All Replies

Posted by matman on 12-Sep-2014 07:18

Also, when I try to add a related field to 'Medewerker' (Employee), I cannot select the communication log relationship either.

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 12-Sep-2014 09:59

Hi matman,

The first relationship might have been automatically created when you enabled Contact attribute in Medewerker obejct. Anyway, this error can be prevented by attaching the Communication Log object as a dependent object of your application. See screenshot below:

Did you previously detach the communication log on your application settings? The system should have automatically attached the communication log when the contact attribute was enabled. 

Also, the Communication Log is not included in the list of related objects because an N-to-1 or 1-to-1 Relationship from the current Object to the related object was not established. 

Hope this helps,

Godfrey

Posted by matman on 12-Sep-2014 10:19

Hey Godfrey, thank you for your reply.

That is correct, I had indeed enabled the Contact attribute. When I re-enable it now, Communcation Log object gets attached to the Dependent Objects list. I believe I didn't detach it from the application settings, to me it doesn't sound like a logical place to start looking to remove fields you've never manually added. I have disabled the Contact attribute in the past.

But if it's not a related object, how could there be a 1 - N relationship? (Which I'm unable to delete.)

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 12-Sep-2014 12:07

It seems the relationship created from enabling Contact attribute doesn't get deleted even after disabling the attribute. In addition, it cannot be manually deleted from the system.

I will check if there is a reason behind this behavior.

Posted by pvorobie on 12-Sep-2014 17:15

Please file a bug if you confirm the problem.

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 15-Sep-2014 10:18

Defect PSC00313854 has been filed for this issue. I will keep you posted for updates.

Posted by matman on 15-Sep-2014 10:22

Thank you!

This thread is closed