How to enable the auto "Submit"-button in a portal

Posted by smartsysISV on 11-Sep-2014 10:11

When I establish a portal with an objects edit-page, the automatic "submit"-button is disabled.

The visitor has enough permissions and I can edit fields,but how can I submit this to the server?

Posted by Gian Torralba on 11-Sep-2014 10:28

Hello,

Can you try creating a generic page with the list view of the object you were trying to edit a record from? You should be able to see the edit link on every list view record on that generic page and you can click that edit link to redirect you to the edit page. Kindly check the portal user permission for that object too. Try using an administrator account first to see if you can edit the page successfully.

Thank you,
Gian

All Replies

Posted by Gian Torralba on 11-Sep-2014 10:28

Hello,

Can you try creating a generic page with the list view of the object you were trying to edit a record from? You should be able to see the edit link on every list view record on that generic page and you can click that edit link to redirect you to the edit page. Kindly check the portal user permission for that object too. Try using an administrator account first to see if you can edit the page successfully.

Thank you,
Gian

Posted by smartsysISV on 11-Sep-2014 11:15

When I list all the objects i got the edit-link on some of the records.

I found out that the condition-formulas on my object were wrong.

Sorry..

Posted by pvorobie on 11-Sep-2014 11:15

Please check that editing of record is allowed by both visitor's permissions and Object's formula (which can be set to disable editing of some records).

Posted by Gian Torralba on 11-Sep-2014 12:25

Yes conditional formula in the object is also the culprit for not being able to edit or delete a record. Glad you found it out.

Thanks,
Gian

This thread is closed