Change the value of Record Name

Posted by t.deem on 10-Sep-2014 03:51

How can i make a trigger that can change the value of Record Name by any value in any one of the Field

Posted by Gian Torralba on 10-Sep-2014 10:39

Hi t.deem,

You can create an update field value trigger type  that will update the "name" field in an object or you could create an object script trigger type and use rbv_api.setFieldValue() API as matman mentioned.

Thank you,

Gian

All Replies

Posted by matman on 10-Sep-2014 06:27

Create a trigger by going to the object's setup page, in the 'Triggers' section, click 'New Trigger'. Now select 'Object Script'. Now u will be redirected to the trigger setup page. In this page, select an occassion to let the trigger run in the 'Trigger Timing' section. In the 'General Properties' section, give the trigger a name, and post your code in the Formula field. Make sure that your code is correct by using 'Debug Formula' and 'Validate Formula'.

If you'd like to, you can also set the trigger to run after a while, we call this a 'delayed trigger'. Please tell me if you'd like to set a delayed trigger so I can help you further.

Your code:

By using rbv_api.setFieldValue(objName, objID, fieldName, newValue); you can get a record to change the value of it's field. objName is the integration name of the object whose record u would like to change. objID is the ID of the record which you'd like to edit. fieldName is the name of the field whose value you'd like to change. newValue is the new value of the field.

Posted by Gian Torralba on 10-Sep-2014 10:39

Hi t.deem,

You can create an update field value trigger type  that will update the "name" field in an object or you could create an object script trigger type and use rbv_api.setFieldValue() API as matman mentioned.

Thank you,

Gian

This thread is closed