Checking related records for deleted records before updating

Posted by matman on 03-Sep-2014 13:27

In this post I talked about checking whether a default contact person is an employee of the employer. Instead of using triggers, I started using validations. After researching for a while I was able to come up with the following code:

var found = false;
var cpn = 0;

if({!R108244245}) {
	cpn = {!R108244245};
} else {
	cpn = {!R108244245.id};
}

if(cpn) {
	{!#LOOP_BEGIN.R108244227}
		if(cpn == {!R108244227.id}) {
			found = true;
		}
	{!#LOOP_END.R108244227}

if(!found) {return "Kan niet updaten, er mist een werknemer bij contactpersoon!";}
}

It works. However, I do wonder.. Is there a way to do this without having to retry and edit for 2 hours? :/

Thanks in advance!

All Replies

Posted by Gian Torralba on 03-Sep-2014 15:55

Hi matman,

What do you mean "without having to retry and edit for 2 hours?".

Thanks,

Gian

Posted by matman on 03-Sep-2014 17:41

I couldn't find a quick way to iterate through the $_POST related records of R108244227. After reading through the Rollbase Documents, I noticed the [tag:LOOP]_BEGIN thing. After playing with it for a while I managed to apply it in my script. But I wasn't able to apply a condition or break statement on or inside the loop. That's why it took so long. Do you know any way to iterate through it without the [tag:LOOP]_BEGIN? :/

Posted by Gian Torralba on 03-Sep-2014 18:21

Hi matman,

Instead using {!LOOP} to iterate thru all records just to compare a specific ID, can you just use a rbv_api.selectValue function? This will be much faster that looping thru all records of a certain object.

This is not the exact code but will help you rethink your script logic:

var relatedId = parseInt("{!R108244245#id}");

var newId = 0;

if(relatedId > 0){ /*if has a value*/

newId = rbv_api.selectNumber("SELECT id FROM rel_object WHERE id=? AND object_rel_to_this_object=?",relatedId,parseInt("{!id}")); /*gets this objects related records by using {!id} as a filter*/

}

if(newId <= 0){

return "Kan niet updaten, er mist een werknemer bij contactpersoon!";

}

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Gian

This thread is closed