Private Cloud 3.0 : Difference between pas - Pas_Instance

Posted by araqiel on 01-Sep-2014 08:47

Hi,

I''ve installed Private Cloud 3.0. As version 2, the folders trees have changed.

And now there have two strange folders. I don't understand the difference between Rollbase/pas & Rollbase/Pas_Instance.

Could you explain them ?

Thanks,

Posted by Santosh Patel on 01-Sep-2014 14:17

Hi Araqiel,

May I introduce you to Progress Application Server (PAS). PAS is based on Apache Tomcat®, but is tailored to be secure for use in production systems. PAS also simplifies the process required to create and run multiple Rollbase components on different hosts.

You can read about PAS here

Introduction - documentation.progress.com/output/Rollbase/#page/rb/3.0-private-cloud-features-and-changes.html#

Working with Instances - documentation.progress.com/output/Rollbase/#page/rb/working-with-instances.html

Simply put Pas_Instance is your running copy of Rollbase unless you create more instances.

Regards,
Santosh
Posted by Anil Kumar on 02-Sep-2014 04:16
Hi araqiel,

Starting from Rollbase 3.0.2, Progress Rollbase uses Pacific Appserver for hosting the Rollbase application WAR files instead of using the vanilla tomcat server. The Pacific Appserver hierarchy is designed as such it will have a root webserver which is pas and we will have multiple instances which can be increased basing on the requirements. By default the Rollbase application WAR files are placed in the default instance namely pas_instance.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Kumar.

[collapse]
I''ve installed Private Cloud 3.0. As version 2, the folders trees have changed.

And now there have two strange folders. I don't understand the difference between Rollbase/pas & Rollbase/Pas_Instance.

Could you explain them ?

Thanks,

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.