Rollbase configuration for Java driver in the database file.

Posted by mvergara on 22-Aug-2014 12:06

I am getting an error when I try to deploy Rollbase 3.0. It says “com.rb.util.db.a66: Cannot Load JDBC driver mysql-connector-java-5.1.28.bin”

Although, this driver is already placed in the CATALINA_HOME/lib, and I have updated the database.xml to point to this driver, I am still getting this error on the PAS-home console.  Tomcat is running ok in my localhost 8080. I can see the main tomcat page.

I have also unzipped the lib.zip file in CATALINA_HOME/lib directory ok.

Any idea on what is missing?  How can I fix this issue? 
Thank you,
Manny.

[collapse]
From: Anil Kumar <bounce-anikumar@community.progress.com>
Reply-To: "TU.Rollbase@community.progress.com" <TU.Rollbase@community.progress.com>
Date: Thursday, August 21, 2014 at 12:00 PM
To: "TU.Rollbase@community.progress.com" <TU.Rollbase@community.progress.com>
Subject: RE: [Technical Users - Rollbase] Private Cloud: Progress Mobile

Reply by Anil Kumar
We can achieve Search functionality in Rollbase Mobile against set of records which were retrieved from the Rollbase. However, there are few limitations with the current version of Rollbase Mobile where we cannot perform search criteria against specific field in Rollbase. i.e., ‘Search by Customer Name’ or ‘Search by Customer Number’ (considering the Customer Order example).

Attached document explaining the mobile app example with search.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Kumar.

[collapse]
From: mobiletest [mailto:bounce-mobiletest@community.progress.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2014 4:01 PM
To: TU.Rollbase@community.progress.com
Subject: RE: [Technical Users - Rollbase] Private Cloud: Progress Mobile

Reply by mobiletest

Thanks Anil for your explemenation. We are busy to learn the possibilities of Rollbase Mobile, together with Rollbase. Do you have an example how to create a search on a Rollbase object with Mobile? Do we need to use the REST API to achieve this? Any example is appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse][/collapse]

All Replies

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 22-Aug-2014 13:10

Hi,

Are you using the Community edition of MySQL? Please send the URL where you downloaded MySQL JDBC driver mysql-connector.jar so I can test it in my instance.

Below is the databases.xml of my private instance running in 3.0. Does your private instance have similar configuration?

<Databases>
	<Database name="RB" isDefault="yes" isExternal="no"
		MinConnections="3" MaxConnections="10"
		MaxInUseConnTimeMins="30" MaxNotUsedConnTimeMins="1"
		MaxConnLifetimeMins="60" TxIsolation="2" useTxRecovery="yes">
		<Driver>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</Driver>
		<Url>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/RB_DBO</Url>
		<DbUser>username</DbUser>
		<Password>password</Password>
	</Database>
</Databases>

Regards,

Godfrey

Posted by mvergara on 22-Aug-2014 13:38

Hi Godfrey,

I am using the Community edition of MySql.  The URL that I am using to download the mysql-connector.jar driver is; http://www.java2s.com/Code/Jar/m/Downloadmysqlconnectorjar.htm

I have updated the database.xml file to point to com.mysql.jdbc.Driver and continues with the same message on the console.
Thanks,

[collapse]
From: Godfrey Sorita <bounce-gsorita@community.progress.com>
Reply-To: "TU.Rollbase@community.progress.com" <TU.Rollbase@community.progress.com>
Date: Friday, August 22, 2014 at 2:11 PM
Subject: RE: [Technical Users - Rollbase] Rollbase configuration for Java driver in the database file.

Reply by Godfrey Sorita

Hi,

Are you using the Community edition of MySQL? Please send the URL where you downloaded MySQL JDBC driver mysql-connector.jar so I can test it in my instance.

Below is the databases.xml of my private instance running in 3.0. Does your private instance have similar configuration?

<Databases>
	<Database name="RB" isDefault="yes" isExternal="no"
		MinConnections="3" MaxConnections="10"
		MaxInUseConnTimeMins="30" MaxNotUsedConnTimeMins="1"
		MaxConnLifetimeMins="60" TxIsolation="2" useTxRecovery="yes">
		<Driver>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</Driver>
		<Url>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/RB_DBO</Url>
		<DbUser>username</DbUser>
		<Password>password</Password>
	</Database>
</Databases>

Regards,

Godfrey

[/collapse]

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 22-Aug-2014 14:52

I downloaded and extracted the file from your link but the driver(Executable Jar file) was not included. Anyway, I downloaded the official JDBC driver for MySQL on this site: dev.mysql.com/.../j

If you opted for the MSI Installer and installed it in your instance, you should be able to get the driver(mysql-connector-java-5.1.32-bin) on C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Connector J\ folder. Copying this file to the lib folder should resolve the error.

-Godfrey

Posted by mvergara on 24-Aug-2014 22:58

Thanks Godfrey,

Rollbase 3.0 is up and running in my virtual environment.

[collapse]
From: Godfrey Sorita <bounce-gsorita@community.progress.com>
Date: Friday, August 22, 2014 at 3:52 PM
Subject: RE: [Technical Users - Rollbase] Rollbase configuration for Java driver in the database file.

Reply by Godfrey Sorita

I downloaded and extracted the file from your link but the driver(Executable Jar file) was not included. Anyway, I downloaded the official JDBC driver for MySQL on this site: dev.mysql.com/.../j

If you opted for the MSI Installer and installed it in your instance, you should be able to get the driver(mysql-connector-java-5.1.32-bin) on C:\Program Files (x86)\MySQL\MySQL Connector J\ folder. Copying this file to the lib folder should resolve the error.

-Godfrey

[/collapse]

This thread is closed