Private Cloud: Progress Mobile

Posted by mobiletest on 19-Aug-2014 15:44

Is it also possible to create mobile apps for portal pages? We want to create an app where the users are stored in an visitor object. Because we have seen - when creating a mobile app - that the login (as default) is related to the main USER login of rollbase. Is it possible to create a login for portal visitor, and how to achieve this?

All Replies

Posted by Shelley Chase on 19-Aug-2014 16:38

It is not possible today to login to a mobile app as a portal visitor. We know this is a needed use case and are working on ways to support this in the future.

-Shelley

Posted by mobiletest on 20-Aug-2014 12:42

Shelley, thanks for the info. It is really a must have to interact with portal users with mobile. This will be great enhancement in the future!

Posted by mobiletest on 20-Aug-2014 16:16

Another question: We've noticed that the list is emtpy when clicking on create new -> Database services. Is this functionality available for private cloud users (normally it refers to: mobile.rollbase.com/database to create mobile databases)?

Posted by Anil Kumar on 21-Aug-2014 01:27

Hi,

A 'Database service' can be created against a database which was created in the Mobile App Builder. A new database can be created from the 'Mobile Applications Monitoring Dashboard' page which can be launched by invoking Push Notifications option in the Rollbase environment.

However, creating a new ‘Database service’ against a database created in Database tab (through Mobile Applications Monitoring Dashboard) is not supported usecase for the Rollbase Mobile. This scenario will bypass the Rollbase usage.

The Databases tab in the Mobile App Builder is only used for the Push Notifications usage in the Rollbase Mobile environment.

Thanks and Regards,

Anil Kumar.

Posted by mobiletest on 21-Aug-2014 05:30

Thanks Anil for your explemenation. We are busy to learn the possibilities of Rollbase Mobile, together with Rollbase. Do you have an example how to create a search on a Rollbase object with Mobile? Do we need to use the REST API to achieve this? Any example is appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Posted by Anil Kumar on 21-Aug-2014 11:00

We can achieve Search functionality in Rollbase Mobile against set of records which were retrieved from the Rollbase. However, there are few limitations with the current version of Rollbase Mobile where we cannot perform search criteria against specific field in Rollbase. i.e., ‘Search by Customer Name’ or ‘Search by Customer Number’ (considering the Customer Order example).

Attached document explaining the mobile app example with search.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Kumar.

[collapse]