rbf_setLookupFilter AJAX Query API no longer exists in RB ve

Posted by Ryan Canja on 06-Aug-2014 02:12

Hi,

I noticed this rbf_setLookupFilter API no longer exist in RB version 2.2+ Please confirm.

May I know what is the replacement of this method in the new version? 

Thanks,

Ryan

Posted by Ryan Canja on 06-Aug-2014 02:51

Ha? You have a version 3 already? How come the binaries available for download is still v. 2.2+?

Btw, please check your RB in action latest release, the said API was never mentioned there that is why I thought it's no longers exists.

Thank you, saw the it with our current version as per the screenshot.

All Replies

Posted by Sharavan Kumar on 06-Aug-2014 02:32

Hi Ryan ,

I have just checked in RB 3.0 and observed that rbf_setLookFilter API is available .

please find the screenshot attached.

Thanks,

sharavan

Posted by Ryan Canja on 06-Aug-2014 02:51

Ha? You have a version 3 already? How come the binaries available for download is still v. 2.2+?

Btw, please check your RB in action latest release, the said API was never mentioned there that is why I thought it's no longers exists.

Posted by Tom Kincaid on 06-Aug-2014 03:55

We expect to have version 3.0 available for download this month. Did you see the API described in a previous version of the Rollbase in Action docs?
(the answer to this will help us do some internal tracking).

[collapse]
From: Ryan Canja [mailto:bounce-ryancanja@community.progress.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2014 3:52 AM
To: TU.Rollbase@community.progress.com
Subject: RE: [Technical Users - Rollbase] rbf_setLookupFilter AJAX Query API no longer exists in RB version 2.2+

Reply by Ryan Canja

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by Ryan Canja on 06-Aug-2014 04:09

You can find it on version 2.0.0.4, page 225.

Posted by Tom Kincaid on 06-Aug-2014 05:24

OK, thanks Ryan. In the past when APIs are deprecated we will remove them from the documentation but not from the product. They should continue to work. I am not sure if this was deprecated by a new API or if omitting it was an error in the docs. I will have somebody find out and let you know.

[collapse]
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2014 5:11 AM
Subject: RE: [Technical Users - Rollbase] rbf_setLookupFilter AJAX Query API no longer exists in RB version 2.2+

Reply by Ryan Canja

You can find it on version 2.0.0.4, page 225.

[/collapse]

Posted by Ruth on 06-Aug-2014 08:46

Hi Ryan,

You are correct, this method appears to have been missed in the 2.2 PDF documentation. However, you will find it in the online help, here:

(note that this HTML page name will change when the doc is updated, so the best way to find the page in the future is to search for the full method name.)

and, when version 3.0 of the Private Cloud doc releases, it will also be available in the PDF that ships with the product.

I apologize for any inconvenience.

-Ruth Stento
Progress Software
Knowledge Architect

[collapse]
Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2014 2:14 AM
Subject: [Technical Users - Rollbase] rbf_setLookupFilter AJAX Query API no longer exist in RB version 2.2+

Thread created by Ryan Canja

Hi,

I noticed this rbf_setLookupFilter API no longer exist in RB version 2.2+ Please confirm.

May I know what is the replacement of this method in the new version? 

Thanks,

Ryan

[/collapse]

Posted by Ryan Canja on 06-Aug-2014 23:05

Please mention it in your release notes so we won't lose track. Thanks!

This thread is closed