How to create a registration page for portal visitors?

Posted by LL on 05-Aug-2014 15:21

Hey Guys,

I would like to create a portal that the portal visitors can view the records in the app as guests, and can edit the records only after registering for an account and logging into the portal. I have already selected the "Portal Visitor" attribute for my object. The document said I need to create a New Record type page as Self-registration page, while there was actually no such page type when I created new page for the portal. I tried to create a Generic page, but the Portal Visitor components weren't available for such page type.

In addition, although I set the permission for portal visitors as "unable to delete the records", the records view in the portal page still have "Del" shown in the Action column.

Is such flow feasible in Rollbase portal? Are there any step-by-step manuals for building such portals?

Thanks!

- L

Posted by pvorobie on 05-Aug-2014 18:34

Assuming your Portal Visitor Object is called "Lead", create page "New Lead" on your portal. When Portal Visitor creates a new Lead with own data - he creates new registration.

Make sure that Portal Visitor Role has permissions to create (and, probably, View as well) Lead records.

All Replies

Posted by pvorobie on 05-Aug-2014 18:34

Assuming your Portal Visitor Object is called "Lead", create page "New Lead" on your portal. When Portal Visitor creates a new Lead with own data - he creates new registration.

Make sure that Portal Visitor Role has permissions to create (and, probably, View as well) Lead records.

This thread is closed