HTML Template Report

Posted by nareshroyalty on 04-Aug-2014 02:36

Hi,

Why Javascript wont work in HTML Template Report.

Is there a way to run javascript in HTML Report.

Thanks,

Naresh

All Replies

Posted by Mani Kumar on 04-Aug-2014 03:12

Hi Naresh,

You can use the Rollbase query API in an EVAL[] block for this.

EVAL blocks allow you to use simple JavaScript-based expressions in a Rollbase Template.

For more information on EVAL block, please refer below documentation url:

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Mani.

[collapse]
Why Javascript wont work in HTML Template Report.

Is there a way to run javascript in HTML Report.

Thanks,

Naresh

Posted by nareshroyalty on 05-Aug-2014 02:16

Hi Mani,

Thanks for your reply.

Can I design a report like an HTML form using some script with HTML Template report.

What  I am trying is a have a form with 2 or 3 input fields which will generate a report based on the values entered.

Thanks,

Naresh

Posted by Mani Kumar on 05-Aug-2014 02:20

Hi Naresh,

Yes, you can define your HTML code within the report definition page.

Consider this simple example of an HTML report that prints a list of Lead records:

<head>
<h2>List of Leads </h2>
</head>
{!#LOOP_BEGIN.all#154785}
{!#LOOP_END.all}

Note that this report runs a loop through all records using a view with the original ID 154785. Inside the loop, each record outputs a row of an HTML table.

For a summary report, you can use the Rollbase query API in an EVAL[] block.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Mani.

[collapse]
Can I design a report like an HTML form using some script with HTML Template report.

What  I am trying is a have a form with 2 or 3 input fields which will generate a report based on the values entered.

Thanks,

Naresh

Posted by nareshroyalty on 05-Aug-2014 02:25

Hi Mani,

If i include a script in the head section and do some manipulation in the javascript or rbf_selectQuery calls . I think they are not executed.

Thanks,

Naresh

This thread is closed