Adding multiple languages in Rollbase

Posted by MarkT on 01-Aug-2014 04:30

Hi All,

Despite adding an additional language 1 and 2 to my customer settings in Rollbase I am unable to find any option to add the alternative labels for fields within Application Setup -> Objects -> Object in Question -> fields.  Or anywhere else.  Does anyone have a walk-through that would allow me to see the multi-language options that are mentioned within the Rollbase in Action documentation (Page 418 in my copy)?

Thanks,

Mark

All Replies

Posted by Ruth on 01-Aug-2014 06:55

Hi Mark,

It’s not a demo, but there are a few screen shot examples in the documentation:
-Ruth Stento

[collapse]
From: MarkT [mailto:bounce-MarkT@community.progress.com]
Sent: Friday, August 01, 2014 4:31 AM
To: TU.OE.Architecture@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - OE Architecture Cloud and Arcade] Adding multiple languages in Rollbase

Thread created by MarkT

Hi All,

Despite adding an additional language 1 and 2 to my customer settings in Rollbase I am unable to find any option to add the alternative labels for fields within Application Setup -> Objects -> Object in Question -> fields.  Or anywhere else.  Does anyone have a walk-through that would allow me to see the multi-language options that are mentioned within the Rollbase in Action documentation (Page 418 in my copy)?

Thanks,

Mark

Posted by MarkT on 01-Aug-2014 09:47

Hi Ruth,

Thanks for that, unfortunately I don't seem to be able to get the same screens up that I see in the documentation.  I'm wondering if it's something to do with licence type or something like that.

Thanks,

Mark

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 01-Aug-2014 11:43

Hi Mark,

Is your zone hosted on the Public Cloud? I've tried changing the additional language 1 and 2 in my account settings and was able to view the additional fields for the translation. Please see screenshots below:

> Account Settings

> Field definition

Else, if you're zone is on a Private Cloud, may I know what version are you using?

Regards,

Godfrey

Posted by MarkT on 04-Aug-2014 03:54

HI Godfrey,

Thanks for your answer – this is the version.

I am only able to add languages in the ISV Partner area, there are no options to add additional languages in the Account Settings.
Account settings:

Thanks for the help so far – perhaps it is the version we are using?

Thanks,

Mark

[collapse]