Adding multiple languages in Rollbase

Posted by MarkT on 01-Aug-2014 04:30

Hi All,

Despite adding an additional language 1 and 2 to my customer settings in Rollbase I am unable to find any option to add the alternative labels for fields within Application Setup -> Objects -> Object in Question -> fields.  Or anywhere else.  Does anyone have a walk-through that would allow me to see the multi-language options that are mentioned within the Rollbase in Action documentation (Page 418 in my copy)?

Thanks,

Mark

All Replies

Posted by Ruth on 01-Aug-2014 06:55

Hi Mark,

It’s not a demo, but there are a few screen shot examples in the documentation:
-Ruth Stento

[collapse]
Sent: Friday, August 01, 2014 4:31 AM
To: TU.OE.Architecture@community.progress.com
Subject: [Technical Users - OE Architecture Cloud and Arcade] Adding multiple languages in Rollbase

Thread created by MarkT

Hi All,

Despite adding an additional language 1 and 2 to my customer settings in Rollbase I am unable to find any option to add the alternative labels for fields within Application Setup -> Objects -> Object in Question -> fields.  Or anywhere else.  Does anyone have a walk-through that would allow me to see the multi-language options that are mentioned within the Rollbase in Action documentation (Page 418 in my copy)?

Thanks,

Mark

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

[/collapse]

Posted by MarkT on 01-Aug-2014 09:47

Hi Ruth,

Thanks for that, unfortunately I don't seem to be able to get the same screens up that I see in the documentation.  I'm wondering if it's something to do with licence type or something like that.

Thanks,

Mark

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 01-Aug-2014 11:43

Hi Mark,

Is your zone hosted on the Public Cloud? I've tried changing the additional language 1 and 2 in my account settings and was able to view the additional fields for the translation. Please see screenshots below:

> Account Settings

> Field definition

Else, if you're zone is on a Private Cloud, may I know what version are you using?

Regards,

Godfrey

Posted by MarkT on 04-Aug-2014 03:54

HI Godfrey,

Thanks for your answer – this is the version.

I am only able to add languages in the ISV Partner area, there are no options to add additional languages in the Account Settings.
Account settings:

Thanks for the help so far – perhaps it is the version we are using?

Thanks,

Mark

[collapse]
From: Godfrey Sorita [mailto:bounce-gsorita@community.progress.com]
Sent: 01 August 2014 5:44 PM
To: TU.Rollbase@community.progress.com
Subject: RE: [Technical Users - Rollbase] Adding multiple languages in Rollbase

Reply by Godfrey Sorita

Hi Mark,

Is your zone hosted on the Public Cloud? I've tried changing the additional language 1 and 2 in my account settings and was able to view the additional fields for the translation. Please see screenshots below:

> Account Settings

> Field definition

Else, if you're zone is on a Private Cloud, may I know what version are you using?

Regards,

Godfrey

Stop receiving emails on this subject.

Flag this post as spam/abuse.

If you've received this email by mistake, we're sorry for bothering you. It may contain information that's confidential, so please delete it without sharing it. And if you let us know, we can try to stop it from happening again. Thank you.

We may monitor any emails sent or received by us, or on our behalf. If we do, this will be in line with relevant law and our own policies.

Sage (UK) Limited. Registered in England at North Park, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE13 9AA. Registered number 1045967.

[/collapse]

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 04-Aug-2014 14:04

Hi Mark,

I think you navigated to the settings page. To access the account settings page, go to Settings -> Administration Setup -> Account settings.

Regards,

Godfrey

This thread is closed