Private Cloud Setup

Posted by alexanderg@qbcon.com on 23-Jul-2014 08:57

Hi guys

I'm trying to set up Private Cloud on my 32-bit system, so I can't use the 64-bit installer.

As far as I know I followed all the correct steps, but firstoff, when I navigate to http://localhost:8080, I only get the Tomcat homepage.
I then followed the troubleshooting(page 603 Rollbase in action Chapter 18) and went to the "http://localhost:8080/router/login/login.jsp" page.

My admin email that I specified doesn't work and when I use the backup account "admin2" I still get the same error, which states "Error: Internal Error"

Does anybody have any thoughts on this?

All Replies

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 23-Jul-2014 09:59

Hi Alexander,

May I know what version of Rollbase and database are you using? I will try to replicate this issue on a 32-bit system and let you know the results.

Also, can you check for errors in your logs? You should be able to access all the logs from your server via Rollbase -> storage -> 1 -> log folder.

Regards,

Godfrey

Posted by alexanderg@qbcon.com on 24-Jul-2014 01:14

Hi Godfrey

I'm not 100% sure how to check the version? But I downloaded it yesterday so should be the newest one.

I'm using a 11.3 OpenEdge database. Note that this db is completely clean. Do you need me to paste the log error for you in the thread here?

I'm not sure what it means.

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 24-Jul-2014 08:30

Hi Alexander,

Yes, please paste the log error in this thread so I can trace where the error has started.

Can you also provide the operating system you are using? I just want to make sure that we have the same configuration.

Regards,
Godfrey

Posted by alexanderg@qbcon.com on 24-Jul-2014 08:44

[2014-07-23 15:56:15,852] ===> Error in thread http-bio-8080-exec-7 at 07/23/2014 03:56 PM

[2014-07-23 15:56:15,852] java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.rb.util.db.a68.getInfo(a68.java:117)

at com.rb.util.db.a67.getPool(a67.java:68)

at com.rb.util.db.a67.getConnection(a67.java:37)

at com.rb.util.db.a67.getConnection(a67.java:29)

at com.rb.core.data.definition.DataObjectDefHandler.getByNameNoCache(DataObjectDefHandler.java:217)

at com.rb.core.data.user.a349.getObjectDef(a349.java:45)

at com.rb.core.data.user.a349.findCustomerByLoginName(a349.java:57)

at com.rb.master.logics.servlet.ComponentServlet.doPost(ComponentServlet.java:78)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:647)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:728)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:305)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)

at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:51)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:243)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:210)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:222)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:123)

at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:502)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:100)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:953)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:118)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:408)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1041)

at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:603)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:310)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Thats the error I got.

I'm using Windows 8 32-bit

Regards

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 24-Jul-2014 09:00

Thanks! With this information I can now start replicating your issue.

I will get back to you on this when I'm done with the installation.

Regards,
Godfrey

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 24-Jul-2014 15:08

Hi Alexander,

I still can't replicate your issue.

You've mentioned that your DB is completely clean. Are you able to view the user records in rb_obj_data table from your DB? If not, can you please check the instructions stated on the sections below?
> Edit Configuration Files -> Edit databases.xml
> Installing Third-party Components -> Databases -> OpenEdge

Lastly, I would like to get the latest catalina log from Tomcat -> logs folder.

Regards,
Godfrey

Posted by alexanderg@qbcon.com on 25-Jul-2014 01:54

Hi Godfrey

It seems I did miss some of the steps in creating the DB, I ran the create_oedb.bat file now, but I am still getting errors.

It gave the following exception in the SQLExplorer.exceptions file: [DataDirect][OpenEdge JDBC Driver]Error establishing socket to host and port: localhost:8911. Reason: Connection refused: connect

Please tell me if I need to paste the whole exception file here.

Regards

Posted by Mani Kumar on 25-Jul-2014 02:01

Hi Alexander,

Could you please check the below points:

1. Is the %DLC%\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file has loop back address commented ?, if so please uncomment it.

2. Also check if the the domain address is mapped to localhost? if so, remove the localhost from the domain IP address.

Please let us know if it works.

Regards,

Mani.

Posted by alexanderg@qbcon.com on 25-Jul-2014 03:01

Makumar

I'm not 100% sure what you mean (my apologies haha).

I did inspect the "hosts" file, but I couldn't see anything about a "has loop back address". In fact, if a "#" denotes a comment, then the whole file's content seems to be commented out? I can paste the contents here if you wish?

Posted by Mani Kumar on 25-Jul-2014 03:38

Hi Alexander,

As it's a batch file, # denotes the comment.

You should be able to see the line as below:

# 127.0.0.1       localhost

Remove the # from this line and if you also see the localhost as above, please remove it.

it should be just 127.0.0.1.

Also, this could be one of the reasons causing this issue, so please test and let us know if you were able to proceed further on this.

Regards,

Mani.

Posted by alexanderg@qbcon.com on 25-Jul-2014 03:50

Mani

I removed the "#" from that specific line and also the "localhost".

In SQLExplorer.exceptions I am still getting the same exception (connection refused).

Do I need to restart the pc for a file change in System32 to take effect?

Posted by Mani Kumar on 25-Jul-2014 04:01

Hi Alexander,

Yes, typically all host files requires system reboot for the change to take effect.

Regards,

Mani.

Posted by alexanderg@qbcon.com on 25-Jul-2014 04:21

I restarted my pc and ran the .bat file again.

Still getting the same error.

Any thoughts?

Posted by Mani Kumar on 25-Jul-2014 04:34

HI Alexander,

Can you please help me with the complete Exception trace.

Regards,

Mani.

Posted by alexanderg@qbcon.com on 25-Jul-2014 04:41

Mani

The complete SQLExplorer.exceptions file:

"

====== Start exception logging == "C:\OpenEdge\WRK\oe113\oe_rollbase_db\SQLExplorer.exceptions" opened == Fri Jul 25 11:18:24 CAT 2014 ======

**** 1 ****

  Exception at Fri Jul 25 11:18:24 CAT 2014: java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException

  Message (throw): ### Connect stack trace. ###

  Message (excp):  [DataDirect][OpenEdge JDBC Driver]Error establishing socket to host and port: localhost:8911. Reason: Connection refused: connect

  Stack Trace:

java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: [DataDirect][OpenEdge JDBC Driver]Error establishing socket to host and port: localhost:8911. Reason: Connection refused: connect

at com.ddtek.jdbc.openedgebase.ddb9.b(Unknown Source)

at com.ddtek.jdbc.openedgebase.ddb9.a(Unknown Source)

at com.ddtek.jdbc.openedgebase.ddb8.b(Unknown Source)

at com.ddtek.jdbc.openedgebase.ddb8.a(Unknown Source)

at com.ddtek.jdbc.openedge.OpenEdgeImplConnection.i(Unknown Source)

at com.ddtek.jdbc.openedgebase.BaseConnection.b(Unknown Source)

at com.ddtek.jdbc.openedgebase.BaseConnection.k(Unknown Source)

at com.ddtek.jdbc.openedgebase.BaseConnection.a(Unknown Source)

at com.ddtek.jdbc.openedgebase.BaseConnection.a(Unknown Source)

at com.ddtek.jdbc.openedgebase.BaseDriver.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:579)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:221)

at com.progress.sql.explorer.SQLConnectServer.call(SQLConnectServer.java:41)

at com.progress.common.rmiregistry.TryIt.run(TryIt.java:221)

====== Start exception logging == "C:\OpenEdge\WRK\oe113\oe_rollbase_db\SQLExplorer.exceptions" opened == Fri Jul 25 11:18:36 CAT 2014 ======

**** 2 ****

  Exception at Fri Jul 25 11:18:36 CAT 2014: java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException

[...]

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 25-Jul-2014 09:12

Hi Alexander,

I found an article similar to your issue but the customer is using Rollbase 2.1 and OpenEdge 11.3.2. They were able to resolve the issue by reverting their OpenEdge version to 11.3.1.

Also, can you check the thread https://community.progress.com/technicalusers/f/25/t/8612.aspx and see if it can resolve your issue?

Lastly, it was stated under "Starting Components on Windows Systems" section that the OpenEdge database should be started before starting Tomcat. Were you able to do this?

Regards,
Godfrey

Posted by alexanderg@qbcon.com on 28-Jul-2014 01:35

Hi my techy had a look and it seems to be something to do with the OpenEdge and RDBMS versions and the startup parameters to the db, I will keep you guys posted

Edit*
Specifically the -spin and -L parameters

Posted by alexanderg@qbcon.com on 28-Jul-2014 04:29

Hi guys

So the problem was this:

The database couldn't start up with the -spin and -lruskips parameters and then obviously things start tumbling from that point on. It was because there was no RDBMS licence in my 11.3 installation.

To circumvent this I copied the progress.cfg file from the 64-bit installer's files and copied it into my 11.3 installation directory and then voila!

Thanks for all your help

Regards

Posted by Mani Kumar on 28-Jul-2014 04:49

Hi Alexander,

Good to know that the you were able to fix the issue.

Thanks a lot for sharing this information with us.

Regards,

Mani.

Posted by Mani Kumar on 28-Jul-2014 04:49

Hi Alexander,

Good to know that the you were able to fix the issue.

Thanks a lot for sharing this information with us.

Regards,
Mani.

[collapse]