How can i attach PDF to the email template

Posted by Sudhakar on 16-Jul-2014 16:40

Hi all i have created a PDF by using Reports(Type::HTML),now my requirement is i want to attache the PDF generated from the report in the email template,i know that we can use the link to download the PDF by using report link,But we need to send the PDF file as attachment in the email.

Can anyone help me on this pls.

All Replies

Posted by pvorobie on 16-Jul-2014 16:45

It does not look like we have such capabilities at this time. I'll create enhancement request for one of next releases.

Posted by Sudhakar on 16-Jul-2014 16:50

ty for ur reply.

Posted by Gian Torralba on 16-Jul-2014 17:19

Hi Sudhakar,

You can do other methods for example:

1. Create a document template field and a document template in the specified object.
2. The document template will contain your html report code.
2. In the email template, you can use the document template field token e.g {!test_document_template#html}

When the email is sent via trigger the token will now render as an attachment.

Or

Just add a link in the email template containing the report url. This will not render as an attachment but the pdf is still accessible in the email.

I don't know if this applicable to you but I hope it helps a bit.

Thanks,
Gian

Posted by Rajkumar Mateti on 30-Jul-2014 08:16

Hi Sudhakar,

This enhancement has been addressed and it will be available as part of the Rollbase version 3.0.1.0. release.

To achieve, We should use the #body token of pdf report.

Thanks,

Rajkumar

Posted by Sudhakar on 30-Jul-2014 11:37

thanks for you info [mention:7a3777c14de749d7b0cd7c5edeadbadb:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05] ,i saw you enhancement  it is very help full for the users. If i use the body token it is displaying the html report output in the body part of email,Can we send as attachment (In PDF format,it will contain  the same data what we are seeing body part of mail).

Posted by freddy@brixxs.com on 30-Jul-2014 12:05

Hi,

Solution for having pdf files in your email as attachment:

Create document template field (example integration name: pdfdocument) and store pdf file in this field by using a document template trigger. Then use the following token in your email and put it somewhere in your email content: {!pdfdocument#link}. Parsing this token will result in the document name and the file will be attached to the email.

Hope this helps

Posted by pvorobie on 30-Jul-2014 12:51

You can also include report template token like {!#REPORT.220679#body} into body of email template. Reports based on binary templates (DOC, XLS etc) will be attached to email.

This thread is closed