Treeview required in Rollbase with nodes from an object

Posted by freddieb@qbcon.com on 10-Jul-2014 09:50

If this is possible (even with JS) please advise how with samples

Thank you

All Replies

Posted by Santosh Patel on 10-Jul-2014 10:07

Any screenshots to suggest what you are looking for? and where exactly do you want it (sorry, I can't seem to understand "... with nodes from an object")

Thanks,

Santosh

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 10-Jul-2014 10:08

Hi freddieb,

Are you referring to a record of an object together with its related records? or a tree view menu of objects?
More details would be very much appreciated so we can help you on this.

Thanks,
Orchid

Posted by freddieb@qbcon.com on 11-Jul-2014 01:28

Posted by Santosh Patel on 11-Jul-2014 01:49

And what kind of relationships would you like the TreeView to resolve?

Just same object hierarchical stuff as shown for Org Mgmt above or relationships with other objects as well?

Either way this is not available in Rollbase today. You could file for an enhancement under ideas section (You have my vote) at community.progress.com/.../default.aspx

With custom JS I would like to think it is possible. You would need to understand the current layout for a list view which is basically an Html table. Identify selectors for actions, record name column would be the node element. Resolving hierarchies/relationships to display child nodes will not be trivial.

For the tree rendering you could go about  using any tree view plugin. A quick search led me to http://www.jstree.com/ Open source and easy to use.

Regards,

Santosh

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 30-Jul-2014 15:47

Hi freddieb,

Is the suggestion by Santosh works for you as workaround?
And also feel free to file an enhancement about this since these are not yet available in Rollbase except Organization Management objects.

Regards,
Orchid

This thread is closed