ROLLBASE and Mobile

Posted by laurent KIEFFER on 04-Jul-2014 08:23

Hi

I created a new Application in Rollbase and try to add the Mobile part.

In the Mobile Appbuilder i can see all the RB_ methods/services from ALL the applications i have available on Rollbase Public and not the only concerning my new application.

What  mistake could i have done   ?

All Replies

Posted by Anil Kumar on 04-Jul-2014 08:37

Hi Laurent,

If I understand correctly you are seeing services at Mobile App Builder side even though you haven’t selected specific view (of an object) during the mobile app creation?

>> In the Mobile Appbuilder i can see all the RB_ methods/services from ALL the applications i have available on Rollbase Public and not the only concerning my new application.

The JSDO services that got generated in the Mobile App Builder will be on a relation basis across the objects in the Rollbase application. i.e., if an object (Customer) has relation with another object (Order) then all of the services pertaining to both objects are generated as part of the mobile app creation.

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Anil Kumar.

Posted by laurent KIEFFER on 04-Jul-2014 08:39

Hi

i did not set all such relations.....

i cannot understand what is wrong

Posted by Santosh Patel on 04-Jul-2014 11:04

There are many relations that get set by default, relations to Communication Log, USER, objects in Org management app if you have LDF enabled, so on and so forth.

Although not everyone may truly require access to all the related objects, it would be limiting to not have this. We understand that it is overwhelming to see so many services which is why a feature to let the user limit the number of services created is in the product backlog.

Thanks,

Santosh

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 04-Jul-2014 11:09

Hi Laurent,

You haven't done any mistake. It seems that all services(except the views) from all objects are automatically generated after creating a mobile application regardless of their relationship. I tested it using the example in Rollbase in Action.

Also, these services can be removed by clicking the (-) icon beside the service or containing folder. Though, I advise you to leave it as is for future use.

Regards,

Godfrey

Posted by Santosh Patel on 04-Jul-2014 11:47

Hi Godfrey,

"...all objects are automatically generated ... regardless of their relationship" is wrong.

The views selected to create/add to a mobile application are the starting point. Related objects to the nth level are traversed and services are created around all those objects. Think of it as an undirected graph, services around unconnected objects will not be created.

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 04-Jul-2014 12:18

Hi Santosh,

My apologies for the incorrect answer and thank you for rectifying my statement. It does indeed get the related objects from the nth level. 1 object from another application was related to the communication log. From there, it started getting all inter-connected objects.

Posted by Santosh Patel on 04-Jul-2014 12:21

Bingo. The case that you mention is one of the important things that need fixing. Not following relations across common objects and more over letting the user decide the level of services required which will eventually help unbloat the number of JSDO catalogs that the Mobile App accesses.

This thread is closed