Incoming email for Rollbase

Posted by anu31221@gmail.com on 03-Jul-2014 13:22

Any one has work around to receive email in Rollbase which can help to create Email to Lead or Email to case and can help to integrate with different system

All Replies

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 03-Jul-2014 14:26

Hi Anurag,

You can create a 3rd party program which checks emails that are sent to a specific email address. Then, you can integrate it with Rollbase via web service using SOAP API (Please see Chapter 15 of Rollbase in Action for more info).

With this setup you can dynamically create records based on the email response and integrate it with other systems as well.

Regards,
Godfrey

Posted by Orchid Corpin on 03-Jul-2014 14:39

Hi Anurag,

It would be much easier if you will be using Gmail account to receive emails to rollbase.

In the user's new and edit page you can setup your gmail information and see in the "Gmail" tab your email messages.

Creation of new records will not be automatically created, but can be done in manual process, once the user open a message there is a communication log button which happens to be an object and you can bind your trigger 'after create' from logs to lead, case or any other object (may need data map).

Hope this may help.

Regards,

Orchid

Posted by anu31221@gmail.com on 03-Jul-2014 17:52

I wanted to build a lead integration system

where customer will enter detail  in 3rd partly lead generation system.

This will send the detail to a email id.

This will automatically create a record in rollbase.

Posted by anu31221@gmail.com on 03-Jul-2014 18:16

Hi Godfey

Thank you for suggestion. Are y suggesting to create 3rd Party Send/Receive Email server the integrate with Rollbase.

I do know how to integrate Outlook with Rollbase.

If we build 3rd Part Send/receive Email server, do we have to create email id for each customer?

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 04-Jul-2014 10:22

Hi Anurag,

I'm a bit confused. Do you want to create a record in Rollbase when your lead generation system sends an email? If that's the case, you don't need to build a 3rd party send/receive email server.

You can use SOAP API(deployed in your lead generation system) to create records in Rollbase after it sends an email.

Posted by anu31221@gmail.com on 14-Jul-2014 22:52

Hi Godfrey

I cann't deploy SOAP API in lead generation system.

Lead generation system will send email, I want to create record in Rollbase as soon as email received.

How can we do that?

If we create 3rd Party Email server, does 3rd Pary Email server has to know the ID/password of each client to create record into rollbase?

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 15-Jul-2014 12:39

Hi Anurag,

When you say ID/password, are you referring to the loginName and password values needed for the login() method of SOAP API? You can use 1 Rollbase user account to exclusively process all the SOAP requests needed for your integration.

Kindly review the SOAP methods below and check whether or not it is sufficient to accomplish your requirement:
1. login() -> Generates a session ID necessary to run the other SOAP methods.
2. selectQuery() -> Runs an SQL SELECT query.
3. create() -> Creates a new record.

Regards,
Godfrey

Posted by anu31221@gmail.com on 26-Jul-2014 23:04

Here is the background of project, I am developing a product which will be sold to different client(zone). Each client(zone) can have multiple user. Each use can get different from different lead generation system. They get that lead in email.

They can forward that email to a email address. Problem is how do we get that email detail to Rollbase system in the user account.

If we create a email server then they have to add the rollbase id/password in the email server so that it can create record using rest API.

What kind of email server required, any one has simillar experience?

Posted by Godfrey Sorita on 28-Jul-2014 11:02

Hi Anurag,

You also have to add logic from your email server since the application will be sold to multiple zones. The email messages should contain the customer id of the zone. So, when the server parses the email content, it can use the customer id to reference the rollbase id/password to be used in sending SOAP API requests.

I'm not really familiar in setting up email servers but I will ask my colleagues for ideas on this.

Lastly, is it possible to use portals instead of setting up 3rd party email servers? I'm thinking of sending emails with portal links. If the portal link is clicked by a recipient, it will open a portal page which can either be:
> A form to enter additional data and upon submit will create a new Rollbase record, or
> A notification page informing the user that a record has been created.

Using a portal is a much easier approach because each zone will have their own portal link. This will remove the time needed in setting up an email server and integrating it with Rollbase.

Regards,
Godfrey

This thread is closed