Questions about Mobile version of Rollbase

Posted by romain.pennes@foederis.fr on 30-Jun-2014 10:47

Hello,

We have two questions related to the new Mobile Rollbase functionality which has been added a few monthes ago.

  • Right now it is only available on Public Cloud. During the "Future Proofing Mobile Application" web-seminar, it has been said that it would be available for Private Cloud as well. Do you know when this will be available for Private Cloud? Is it coming with the new 3.0 release in august? We can't wait to be able to show this to our customers.
  • I believe login can only work for UI users (as opposed to portal visitors). Is it also possible to login to mobile apps as "portal visitor"?, which would mean being able to log in as employee, candidate... etc.? We believe that mobile editions should be available for larger audiences than just UI users, which means it should be extended to portal visitors. If this is not possible right now, are there any plans to extend mobile access to portal visitors?

Thank you,
Romain.

All Replies

Posted by Hans De Smet on 03-Jul-2014 06:55

Hi Romain,

I can already answer your first question: Rollbase Mobile for the Private Cloud is indeed planned to be available for the Rollbase 3.0 release.

Let me check further for your second question!

Kind regards,

Hans

Posted by Anil Kumar on 03-Jul-2014 09:02

Hi Romain,

Regarding your second question, usage of Portal users:

Currently we cannot access the Mobile app from mobile emulator using Portal users. i.e., Mobile App bringing the data from Rollbase (backend) side. This has to be a valid Rollbase login (say a customer or a user created in customer).

If we are not making use of Rollbase objects/views in the mobile application say we are developing an app using external REST services like Twitter application then in this case we can simply access the application without usage of any credentials in the runtime i.e., in the Mobile Emulator.

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Kumar.

Posted by Hans De Smet on 08-Jul-2014 02:44

Hi Romain,

Does this answer your questions, or did you still have any questions about this?

Thanks,

Hans

Posted by Anil Kumar on 19-Dec-2014 03:43

Hi Romain,

We have support for both Portal (Portal User) and Anonymous (Portal Visitor) logins against mobile apps from Rollbase environment starting from Rollbase 3.1.0 release which was released on 6th December 2014. However, 3.1.0 release has specific portal and anonymous support only for Rollbase Private cloud but not hosted cloud.

Thanks and Regards,
Anil Kumar.

[collapse]