Problems with translations and order of tabs in view page

Posted by Aede Hoekstra on 12-Jun-2014 03:57

We are developing an application in two languages (English and Dutch). Default all tabs are in English, to translate the tab I switch as administrator to Dutch to translate the tabs. When adding tabs or changing the order of tabs it changes the descriptions of the tabs, so I get the wrong caption / translation for a tab. 

Anyone else with the same kind of problems with tabs? Or any tips how to avoid this?

Posted by pvorobie on 17-Oct-2014 06:26

Please use Object View page > pages > Properties link to enter translation for tabs on page.

All Replies

Posted by Mani Kumar on 12-Jun-2014 04:07

Hi,

Can you please provide any specific scenario when you say  "I get the wrong caption / translation for a tab", also, If possible a screenshot of the same would be helpful to define the scenario.

Regards,

Mani.

Posted by Aede Hoekstra on 12-Jun-2014 04:23

above the English tabs

below the Dutch translations, now when I change a translation, or change the order of a tab the translations are not stored:

And for example there are two system info tabs (in dutch) but one of the contains the information of the Dossier Data tab, so there is something mixed up when tabs are editted or added.

Posted by Aede Hoekstra on 17-Oct-2014 04:33

What we used as a work around is entering the translations in the properties screen of page. Located with the properties of the object.

Posted by pvorobie on 17-Oct-2014 06:26

Please use Object View page > pages > Properties link to enter translation for tabs on page.

This thread is closed