Rollbase Workflows with OE Business Entities

Posted by Mike Fechner on 04-Jun-2014 16:59

When creating an external object in Rollbase from an OpenEdge Business Entity (JSDO catalog file), is it possible to use the Rollbase Workflows with this object?

I would assume, that we'd have to choose a column from the temp-table definition to get the status value assigned to.

All Replies

Posted by Laurent on 05-Jun-2014 12:07

I haven't tried this yet with an OpenEdge Business Entity, but when you add the "Workflow" property to a regular Object, Rollbase will add its own field to store the workflow status.

Posted by Mike Fechner on 05-Jun-2014 14:37

But how can Rollbase add a field to an OpenEdge Business Entity?

Posted by Bill Wood on 05-Jun-2014 16:34

You can't have Rollbase add a field to a Business Entity, but I believe you can create the field yourself as long as it has the correct properties and name.

I do believe there is an issue with the Rollbase UI not allowing you to change the Workflow attribute (which is metadata) even if the object has the required fields.   Some people in our OE BPM group were playing with this, and were able to do it (I believe) by using the Rollbase Metadata API -- you export the Object Definition from Rollbase.... add the Workflow attribute... and then save the new object definition..

Caveat Eptor (or Caveat programmer :-): I don't know if those are all the step, or if they really work.   I am reporting what I had heard.

This thread is closed