How do I get context between Rollbase and my Progress applic

Posted by bheavican on 12-May-2014 12:40

In Rollbase, I used the new feature for creating an application using the Import from External Metadata and then selected the OpenEdge Service.  This works great when selecting a service that was defined using the Mobile rest application template from PDS.

I will need to pass user context information to my Progress web service when making CRUD calls (i.e. user name).  What is the recommended approach to this?

Posted by Bill Wood on 13-May-2014 19:26

I am assuming that what you want to do is to have the user/pwd used for logging into Rollbase be authenticated against OpenEdge, and then have the identity of the Rollbase user pass to the OpenEdge Service Object.    

This is currently not really possible, and is something that will be addressed in the next release of Rollbase.  You will configure your on-premise Rollbase to use the OpenEdge Realm for authentication, and then the user id will be passed to your AppServer as a sealed Client-Principal.

All Replies

Posted by Bill Wood on 13-May-2014 19:26

I am assuming that what you want to do is to have the user/pwd used for logging into Rollbase be authenticated against OpenEdge, and then have the identity of the Rollbase user pass to the OpenEdge Service Object.    

This is currently not really possible, and is something that will be addressed in the next release of Rollbase.  You will configure your on-premise Rollbase to use the OpenEdge Realm for authentication, and then the user id will be passed to your AppServer as a sealed Client-Principal.

This thread is closed