How to dynamically make a list view depending on the user

Posted by lCira9 on 11-May-2014 04:02

How do you dynamically make a list view specifically for a user to see only what the user would only see? I have an object called Collector and another object called Collection. The Collection is associated with Collector. My users has a Collector role. What I want is to have my users see only the Collections that are associated with them (the Collector).

Posted by Santosh Patel on 15-May-2014 04:08

A picture is worth a thousand words. Being verbose wouldn't have made sense.

Posted by lCira9 on 11-May-2014 20:47

Collector object has an attribute of Contact and a field called Quota. A Collection is assigned to a Collector. Collection has a Related Field called Amount to Collect (from Statement object), Lookup (Client) called Client, Related Field called Collection Date (from Loan object). The users of the application will only see what is assigned to them. Now, I recently realized that there is a User object which also has attributes Contact, and Portal Visitor (which has LoginName and Password). I also saw a note in the filter options that CURRENT_USER could be used as a condition. I think this is what I need: to make a one Collector to one User relationship and have Collector have related fields from User. I apologize if there are grammatical errors. Thanks in advance!

All Replies

Posted by Santosh Patel on 11-May-2014 06:37

Hi ICira9,

I think I understand your scenario but just to be sure could you specify the core fields for the Collector object? And an example would be very helpful in pointing out the exact functionality that you would use to address it.

By the way, from what I understand I think the solution lies in creating custom views (with filters to show only specific content) and making them default for a tab/page and remove the 'show view selector' option from the list component.

Posted by lCira9 on 11-May-2014 20:47

Collector object has an attribute of Contact and a field called Quota. A Collection is assigned to a Collector. Collection has a Related Field called Amount to Collect (from Statement object), Lookup (Client) called Client, Related Field called Collection Date (from Loan object). The users of the application will only see what is assigned to them. Now, I recently realized that there is a User object which also has attributes Contact, and Portal Visitor (which has LoginName and Password). I also saw a note in the filter options that CURRENT_USER could be used as a condition. I think this is what I need: to make a one Collector to one User relationship and have Collector have related fields from User. I apologize if there are grammatical errors. Thanks in advance!

Posted by Santosh Patel on 15-May-2014 04:08

A picture is worth a thousand words. Being verbose wouldn't have made sense.

Posted by lCira9 on 20-May-2014 01:03

Thanks Santosh

This thread is closed