Rollbase External Objects- OpenEdge Service Objects: How do

Posted by EmanuelPopescu on 09-May-2014 07:54

Hello all,

I have created some objects in Rollbase using "A new Object (with Tab) from an External Metadata" option and next choosing "OpenEdge Service". In .json file it's defined the relationships between these objects and I can see the relations in Rollbase client, but there is a problem because when I put a related object in parent object tab, the data is missing. And when I try to navigate in View mode from Tab1 to Tab2  Rollbase trow this error: "Error loading query". The Tabs can be seen in attached picture.

What I want to do is  to create relationships between these external objects from Rollbase, but when creting a new relationship, external objects doesn't appear in Related Object List.

Please help!

Thanks in advance!

Posted by Bill Wood on 09-May-2014 12:55

Can you attach your JDSO Catalog?   I think the issue is that you have a multi-table data set, and this is not supported by Rollbase 2.2 (or earlier) for OpenEdge Service Objects.   There is a limitation in Rollbase 2.2 where:

You can have Order, OrderLines and Items as separate items, though I believe you can only create relationships between these (individually) and native Rollbase Objects.   

All Replies

Posted by Bill Wood on 09-May-2014 08:02

Adding this to the JSDO Catalog will not help -- the Relationships in the Catalog are only for multiple-table datasets (and not for the single-table datasets supported in OpenEdge Service Objects.

Posted by EmanuelPopescu on 09-May-2014 08:56

But in JSDO Catalog the relations are defined from the beginning and I use a multiple-table dataset, dsOrderItems containing ttOrder, ttOrderLines and ttItems.

And when a relationship(relations from .json file)  is deleted from Rollbase client, it can't  be created again. Even if I delete from the json file the section with "relations" the relationships from rollbase still can't be created.

What else can I do?

Posted by Bill Wood on 09-May-2014 12:55

Can you attach your JDSO Catalog?   I think the issue is that you have a multi-table data set, and this is not supported by Rollbase 2.2 (or earlier) for OpenEdge Service Objects.   There is a limitation in Rollbase 2.2 where:

You can have Order, OrderLines and Items as separate items, though I believe you can only create relationships between these (individually) and native Rollbase Objects.   

Posted by EmanuelPopescu on 12-May-2014 10:25

Hello again,

If the relations between imported objects can't be created in Rollbase, there is a way to filter them manually?

Eventually, it can be defined a trigger or write a script in order to get only OrderLines from an Order?

Thanks!

This thread is closed