Rollbase : Problem with application after restart

Posted by johan.pouget on 07-May-2014 03:22

Hi,

I have a problem with my application.
On one record, i put two events on two fields. In order replace the input number by a currency.
Example : the user insert "30" on the field and it is converted automatically by "€ 30.00".
This case run perfectly. But if I restart TomCat + DB's Rollbase, I lose my convertion.
The symbol "€" is replaced by "?".
This seems to come the save of the application. When I export my application, in the .xml, I see my fields with the bad symbol.

<onchange>form.montant.value = this.value * form.prix__unitaire.value; rbf_formatCurrencyField(form.montant, '?', 2, ' ');</onchange>

Instead of

<onchange>form.montant.value = this.value * form.prix__unitaire.value; rbf_formatCurrencyField(form.montant, '€', 2, ' ');</onchange>.

Whereas I typed the correct syntax with symbol "€" before the reboot.

Could you fix this ?

Thanks.

All Replies

Posted by Bill Wood on 07-May-2014 05:58

Can you report this to Customer Support?  This could be a defect in character encoding (between the runtime Java of Rollbase (which is UTF-8) and the database storage for the scripts – it works while the script is ‘cached’, but when it is recovered from disk after the restart of the Rollbase Tomcat server, the value is corrupted.  It could also be a problem with the database configuration that you are using.

For the record, can you include the version of Rollbase and the particular database you are using.

The Euro symbol is a ‘late’ addition to the world of character-encodings :-)    Unlike most characters, the  € (euro) symbol is a three byte character, with byte values in file (UTF-8) of 0xE2, 0x82, 0xAC.    I can’t say for sure that this is the problem with Rollbase, but it is not uncommon for a value of a 3-byte character to be converted incorrectly depending on the database encoding used. 

Posted by Mani Kumar on 07-May-2014 06:00

Hi Johan,

I tried to replicate this issue at my end and could not reproduce the same.

Could you be able to help me with the below details:

1. Is your application on Private Cloud?

2. The name of Application you are facing this issue.

3. More details of the record and fields.

Thanks.

Posted by Bill Wood on 07-May-2014 06:07

WRT

"I tried to replicate this issue at my end and could not reproduce the same."

If this happens in some cases, but not others, it is most likely related to the database encoding used by the different instances.   What databases (and Rollbase versions) seem to have this issue, and which do not?  

Posted by johan.pouget on 07-May-2014 08:07

Hi,

Yes is Private Cloud.

I changed the encoding of Database, but nothing change.

The database is Progress & the version of Rollbase is 2.1.0.3.

"it works while the script is ‘cached’, but when it is recovered from disk after the restart of the Rollbase Tomcat server, the value is corrupted. "

Is exactly my case.

This thread is closed